Stupid question about Martindale ....

RaedwulfFisher

I know I've made a lot of posts asking about spots..but...erm

See I do videos for a living on Youtube and I wanted to make a video of Pike fishing...hence the posts I've done recently. Well I saw some videos of people catching Pike at Martindale Pond.

Well I went down there today and walked around to see some spots I could get a line in. Some of the better spots have rowers in them and I wasn't sure if I was allowed to fish in some of the spots (saw no one fishing...)

Rennie park..looked prime..wondering if you're allowed to fish there or not? I'll be taking my girlfriend with me around Martindale tomorrow and taking some videos so any help is appreciated

Update:

Spent 4 hours fishing today Martindale at Rennie park..went around the walkway next the water..not so much as a bite or follow =\..didn't even see a fish anywhere..not productive..as I was walking back..guy catches a pike where I first started -_-

lol I was going to head there tonight as well I will tell you how I did!

DO NOT OVERTHINK MARTINDALE.

I have caught more than enough fish going "against how you are supposed to fish".

Spoons, spinner baits, and a few body baits is all you need.  Take a couple of different colors to be safe.

Hell a member here drilled a hole in a spoon and put a hook on it and caught a pike there ...

Ahh the ol' drill a hole in a spoon. I've seen that before..can't be bothered though...I'll chip out 10$ for a spoon :P

Didn't get to go today..too many errands at home..maybe Mack you can post if you had any luck :)

ended up going to gibson and got 2 oos largies (was casting rapala j11 for pike was not targeting bass) saw 2 pike that wouldnt bother even moving for my bait.... Can't seem to catch a pike

Hah really? I have one in my tackle..but I have never caught ANYTHING on a spoon..so I have no confidence in them..but yet people always swear by spoons for Pike..S'pose I could give it a shot

I've always wanted to catch something on Spoons but I've never even seen a fish follow them while using them. Mind you all the fishing I've ever done has been shore fishing...so many times I wish I had a kayak because I can see all these spots I just know fish would be around that could only be accessed via some kind of water craft

Lots of weeds along that shoreline . Forget the other side , there are cables raised up from the bottom to support the markers for each lane they row . The outboard motors and noise from the rowers spook the fish me believes ....more chance to catch fish at day break . 

We used spoons like the dare devil many years ago and also had good luck using the red eye spoons . Sometimes stopping them and making them dance by flicking the tip of the rod would drive them nuts and hit it . 

when windy , I pick a spot where the wind will be off shore , coming from behind me .....helps make long casts and keeps the float out there .

Went there today lots and lots of big carp and my buddy got a 20inch pike! Also try the marina big big big panfish and carp!

Well I went to Rennie Park today.

Was using a small inline spinner. Turned out to be the worst mistake...the hooks were too small and weak.

After casting and casting and casting working my down the path next to the water....something hit..something huge. The biggest fish of my life...I didn't get a good look at it..but it was either a giant pike or a musky...my drag was set at max...the end of my rod held against my leg holding with all my grip...it pulls itself into the weeds...it gets stuck....I tried to pull it out..after a few minutes of dragging it through the weeds it comes loose..fish off...and man was I pissed...I reel in my lure..two of the hooks on the treble bent back...the metal part around my reel was bent from the line pulling

...............*screams into a pillow*

Another update..

had a #5 mepps on with a white tail and yellow blade..got two strikes from bass...and had a big northern follow it to the shore..but that's all I got to report

Well guys..went there today..nothing at all..went around the whole path ..fan casted about 10-15 casts and moved to the next spot...guess yesterday was just a lucky/unlucky day XD

Archived