Bowfishing Carp

codiehoad

On 2017-05-16 at 0:42 PM, Snags said:

This topic was started 48 hours ago and the poster hasn't replied to anything, safe to assume nothing but a troll job to sit back and watch some bickering.

Sorry buddy some of us are contributing members of society and work for a living providing for there family's and homes, and cant sit around picking their ass watching every comment on the fish forums lol safe to say that my tax dollars are probably going to your pay check 

1 hour ago, codiehoad said:

Thanks for all the replys and input so does anyone have a good receipt for carp? 

Hey codiehoad go on you tube there is lot of helpful tips for baits for carp most of the time i just use can corn peaches and cream on a hair rig or some guys just put the corn right on the hook works just as well and chum the spot you are fishing just throw  a hand full of corn in the same spot as your hook is in if your fishing closer to the shore like i said there are so many ways to fish for them and you tube is the way to get to know all the ways guys are fishing for them google is a good way to find good recipes as smerchly said below if your going to eat the fish take them from clean waters 

On 2017-05-14 at 8:46 PM, codiehoad said:

What do you do with the fish after shooting it ? Eat it ? 

Well ......thanks for replying to the guys who answered your question . I usually keep an eye on my posts that ask the members for info . Carp are eaten by many people , especially by Europeans and Asians . They know many ways of preparing carp meat and I would be willing to try some of it if the carp came from clean waters , not warm muddy polluted ponds, etc.

Recipes ?  Google is your friend ....tons of delicious carp recipes .......:wub:

....try this one for a great New Years dinner ......  bon apetit mon frere....

https://www.thespruce.com/guide-to-preparing-fresh-carp-dinner-1446834

44 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Well ......thanks for replying to the guys who answered your question . I usually keep an eye on my posts that ask the members for info . Carp are eaten by many people , especially by Europeans and Asians . They know many ways of preparing carp meat and I would be willing to try some of it if the carp came from clean waters , not warm muddy polluted ponds, etc.

Recipes ?  Google is your friend ....tons of delicious carp recipes .......:wub:

....try this one for a great New Years dinner ......  bon apetit mon frere....

https://www.thespruce.com/guide-to-preparing-fresh-carp-dinner-1446834

Hows the carping been for you any luck yet 

3 hours ago, codiehoad said:

Sorry buddy some of us are contributing members of society and work for a living providing for there family's and homes, and cant sit around picking their ass watching every comment on the fish forums lol safe to say that my tax dollars are probably going to your pay check 

Hah try again.  Been around here long enough to see various trolls and it is usually around controversial topics.  Glad I will be proven wrong on this front.

I can't recall who ... But someone told me if you smoke it ... you wouldn't know it is carp

2 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

Hows the carping been for you any luck yet 

Haven't been out lately Gunner ....been waiting for the waters to clear up a tad and been real busy in the yard . Having the roof done shortly ...had all the materials dropped off & bundles of shingles waiting on the roof to be laid . Last night ,abouy 8 pm we heard a LOUD crash/ thud ! One of the piles of stacked shingles came down but none made it to the ground ....could have done some damage to an awning & plastic railing below . I screwed down a 2 x 4  to keep is secure ....hope they get the job done soon , haven't heard from them yet .......

Carping will soon follow after the roof job !   :Gonefishing:

5 hours ago, Snags said:

I can't recall who ... But someone told me if you smoke it ... you wouldn't know it is carp

That monkey seems to like it snags .......:P

34 minutes ago, Snags said:

You get the right brine together and just about any fish tastes good smoked. I've had smoked bowfin, sheephead, sucker and carp. All were quite edible

3 minutes ago, bigugli said:

You get the right brine together and just about any fish tastes good smoked. I've had smoked bowfin, sheephead, sucker and carp. All were quite edible

I'm thinking on making a smoker and one day might try a carp but will have to catch one from the right waters 

Ur tax dollars going to.my check eh.... Good luck to ya cuz only advice I'm gonna give you now is go f@$# yourself. This was a conversation about bowfishing carp and the opinions and thoughts on it which could have led to more advice and tips on targeting carp if you had contributed. Instead u chose to put down the members as " were not contributing to society " and u still ask for a good carp recipe. Either your just plain stupid or ridiculously ignorant. 

Archived