Getting the Itch Crystal Boat Launch?

Fish Farmer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey we here at NFN are all about equality, if fish lives matter wants to be gengerfied as a troll we should honour his wishes and call him a troll. Who are we to call him a decent member of NFN. Are we that small minded and ignorant in this day and age not to call someone what they think they are, no sir not me. (Besides I don't wanna get sued) these people are Fu#!ed up!! 

Lmao peta? I think you're looking into it a bit too far there smerch. its more of a play on 'black lives matter'.  I just thought made one comment about the bus trip and started to get slammed about it now i understand why theres about 12 guys that actively post on the forum and no one else does.  Because as soon as you say something against the 'boys club' you get roasted. You guys can achieve the same thing just txting each other and at least hundreds of people arent looking at all the pictures of spots you post.  Why waste monry on yhis forum?  I didnt do anything wrong here. Simply made an observation and was ostracized for it because it went against the grain.  Well thats what open discussion is.  Different views and opinions.  Maybe if you didnt ban and slam everyone who thought a little different youd actually have some activity on this site not just a few members.  But hey thats just my opinion. So its probably wrong if its not yours.

Ha ha FLM ....when I saw your first post I also thought of BLM ....so , I  thought maybe we had a peetah person , male or female  ?...... After a few more posts I thought you were a young whipper snapper who already knows everything about fishing .....until I saw you have 30+ years of fishing experience .  First impressions are usually wrong until  one gets to know more about the poster .  I have sent many members pm's  ,both young and old , giving advice and fishing spots and maps .As a relatively small fishing site , mainly covering the Niagara area from Hamilton to the Niagara River , we try to be civil and choose words that don't pour acid on the subject at hand .   We have had discussions on "etiquette "  about  boat ramp launching or fishing from shore or from a cement wall where we try to give others respect by keeping a respectable distance from their lines , etc etc.

There are ways to "disagree" with other opinions without being rude . Choose your words wisely , some people may take a negative answer to heart and reply accordingly .  After all those years of fishing  I can assume you have lots of knowledge to share .  Admittedly , I'm from the " old school" and haven't much interest in using the latest technology to catch fish ( looking to buy a carp "beeper" to wake me up on those slow days )  . Sorry about the peetah remark ...it was akin to the BLM as stated ...... we can kid around here too .   :P   I do it all the time . 

...and yes , I have a lot of posts , been here a longgggg time , and retired for 25 years .

Cheers

Bill

Id say were more for the positivity of.fishing and and the joy, help.people and share how when where maybe to catch more fish or bigger fish and even just more consistently... but the whole wanna fish in a boat go buy one is of the more ignorant philosophies considering you easily could have stated why u don't like new company aboard but give a recommendation for a charter instead perhaps... negativity and fishing don' mix well................troll

2 hours ago, WalleyeChaser said:

I think itll be a few more weeks yet even if the ramp does free up I'd be wary of the wind blowing any ice in while out fishing..

Sound advice from the people who contribute meaningful info to this board.

By Friday morning it will be painted white , lots of the white stuff on the way ! Nice way to start March ! 

The snow can make it even more dangerous for both man and beast .  It makes it hard to differentiate good ice from thin ice .  Also strong NE winds ushering in this storm .....  so  yes , be wary .

8 minutes ago, Derek0291 said:

My intel shows less than 20% ice coverage on Erie.. Spent most of the day prepping the boat.. 

Good shots of the lakes today ......Also shows  spots where the last snow fell ....not much at the Hammer .

Ice is going going ..........

0LqmnaBoQeufFgBLIZH4oUA0yFfG3vbGvQDWDoV5

17 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Good shots of the lakes today ......Also shows  spots where the last snow fell ....not much at the Hammer .

Ice is going going ..........

0LqmnaBoQeufFgBLIZH4oUA0yFfG3vbGvQDWDoV5

Any idea when docks go in ?? 

1 hour ago, Derek0291 said:

Any idea when docks go in ?? 

Seriously??? Don't you see that white blob on the south side of the lake? We've had north winds for three straight days. Once  those winds turn around all that ice will come right back. Wouldn't want to be out on the lake when that happens. Wait until they take the boom out.

1 hour ago, marktheperchman said:

Seriously??? Don't you see that white blob on the south side of the lake? We've had north winds for three straight days. Once  those winds turn around all that ice will come right back. Wouldn't want to be out on the lake when that happens. Wait until they take the boom out.

Relax, i meant in general 

5 minutes ago, marktheperchman said:

Well generally they put the docks in when the ice is gone from the whole lake so keep an eye on those satellite pics. With the forecast temps for the next while the ice is only going to grow.

I would expect them to be in mid April at the earliest this year with forecasts and amount of ice there based on the images.  I think the past two years the docks were in at beginning of April and mid April but less ice in those seasons.   Patience grasshopper....we will get there.

Archived