Controlled Hunt

The deer have been moving more between 9-2 than any other time at both my stands in 89...with these winds and rain im sure they've been hanging in the thickets taking cover wherever they feel safest.i have two cams up and I've had a couple small bucks in eating acorns and apples and a few does but have only had one doe in while I was hunting but no tag .good luck guys!

Guest brookie slayer

Monday a small doe came close to me followed by a 6 point buck following every move she made... later 2 does walked down the path I use followed by a 4 point buck came right underneath me..... no shot..why? No gun tag!!! !@#$_!!!...I'm only out cuz I'm scouting for my buddy who I put on a stand about 90 yds from where I was...he seen nuttin..mad at me cuz I put him on the wrong stand..lol

Was out a few hrs tonight..still pretty windy...spooked a nice doe Goin to spot...heard a few shots in the distance... drove around today lotta hunters out there fellas be safe...

Been out with the bow maybe 5 times in Oct seen nothing but last year's does.. WMU89..good luck boys and stay still..

Guest brookie slayer

Walking my property ensuring the poachers don't trespass isn't breaking any law..

I've talked to CO's about this in the past and what I do during gun week and been told good on ya...they are aware of the issues I've had

So I really couldn't care less what some of you think to be honest..I'll defend the safety of my family so another gunshot doesn't hit the house.

Guest brookie slayer

Should clarify wasn't "scouting" or guiding....chose wrong word..just taking stock in what's around the area and Makin sure other hunters are where they should be...by the definition of the word hunting I was doing none of that

Was able to make it out one last time last night and perseverance paid off. With about 30 minutes left I caught some slight movement through the bush at the corner of a field. This is about 100 yds right behind my stand so not a spot that I even usually watch as we have a another stand overlooking this spot but I was out alone. Just catching slight shadowy movement through the bush and moving slightly away from me. Assuming it was the huge buck that I didn't get a shot at last year I did a soft grunt to try to get moving my way. I could see that it stopped then starting walking back through the field parallel to me, I raised my shotgun as I knew it was about to step into a clear shooting lane and my scope was fogged up, damn. Wiped it the best I could with my wet glove and tried again, now it was clear enough to see, I following it as it stepped out between a couple of trees and damn no horns! A big doe and the last night of my hunt so I made a short bleat to stop it and pulled the trigger. Deer down.

Way to go Surf and Turf not a buck but you still put meat in the freezer i had a doe come into me two nights ago but to dark to shoot my buddy pushed her out on his way out of his stand if he was 1 min sooner i would have had enough light to shoot but didn't work out that way she stopped 15 yards in front of me but open sites couldn't make a shot 

On 11/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, Guest brookie slayer said:

Should clarify wasn't "scouting" or guiding....chose wrong word..just taking stock in what's around the area and Makin sure other hunters are where they should be...by the definition of the word hunting I was doing none of that

There is no issue with you checking your property for poachers and taking stock of what's around the area, actually commendable . BUT if you placed your buddy in a stand and are doing the same walk about without a license and unintentionally move a deer and it passes in range of your buddy , does he hold fire as you are now part of the hunt ?  You are going to have a hard time proving that was not your intention all along if a CO confronts you.  

Just read about a guy in Wisconsin who bagged a 13 pt. buck after stocking it for 5 years . Lots of comments mostly in his favour ! He wants to raise about $3000 to have the whole animal mounted .  They figure it to be about 5 to6 years old ......maybe not the best eating but I would think good for a lot of sausage .... What a beast !  

Archived