Anybody fish in an inflatable boat?

Ross

Saw an ad for a Seahawk 4 for sale at Cabelas and I’m considering buying it Just don’t know if it’s going to be comfortable fishing in.

I live in an apartment so as much as I’d like to buy one storing a kayak or canoe would be too much of a pain, this seems like it could be a decent alternative to get me and my GF out on the water.

There's some vids to check out on Y.Tube with info on what type is best for fishing .  The better quailty ones are more punture resistant  of course .

This vid answers some questions about them

https://www.onthewater.com/fishing-from-inflatables 

I've got a personal pontoon inflatable I use. I find it very comfortable to fish creeks and ponds but even deflated if still takes up a lot of space. It hangs off my garage wall when not in use. 

20220522_143324.jpg

5 hours ago, steellee said:

I've got a personal pontoon inflatable I use

Nice fishing tooner Steellee ! ....Will the new agm batteries work the trolling motor ? The big deep cycles are back killers for older angler like me ! 

After watching some videos on agm & lithium batteries verses deep cycle batteries , I can't decide which way to go for using a lighter battery for my 16' alum.canoe's trolling motor.  I would only need about 2 -3 hrs of slow trollling time ...  Most vids are long winded before reaching a conclusion .

18 hours ago, smerchly said:

Nice fishing tooner Steellee ! ....Will the new agm batteries work the trolling motor ? The big deep cycles are back killers for older angler like me ! 

After watching some videos on agm & lithium batteries erses deep cycle batteries , I can't decide which way to go for using a lighter battery for my 16' alum.canoe's trolling motor.  I would only need about 2 -3 hrs of slow trollling time ...  Most vids are long winded before reaching a conclusion .

Ya I am sure the lithiums would power it just fine. They are supposed to be about half the weight and extra time under power as you can run them all the way to empty with out power loss.  I use that minn kota and battery setup in my aluminum also so have a big group 31 battery. If the price keeps going down I will probably go that route myself when this one bites the dust

On 9/1/2022 at 10:15 PM, Lukefish99 said:

I know they sell folding kayaks. I've see some guy on YouTube who fishes out of one and he really likes it and he does well out of it. You might want to look into it.

Yeah I’ve actually looked at those as well. They’re definitely neat. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2022 at 11:37 AM, steellee said:

Ya I am sure the lithiums would power it just fine. They are supposed to be about half the weight and extra time under power as you can run them all the way to empty with out power loss.  I use that minn kota and battery setup in my aluminum also so have a big group 31 battery. If the price keeps going down I will probably go that route myself when this one bites the dust

From Dec.3/22 ...

I gave my Legend boat to my son which still have the 2 old batteries which still seem to charge ok but they may fail soon .

I  have the 16' alum. freighter canoe to use for fishing . As Steelee said the price may come down as they sell more of them .

I'm now looking to buy a much lighter battery for the canoe which will give me a couple of hours of trolling time .

Some vids showed people buying a 50 -100 ah. from Amazon delivered to your house & others warned of getting a bad battery .....

I don't know much about these new batteries and I have a Nautilus Intelligent charger with 2, 10, 15 charge options & wonder if it will charge lithium batteries too.

I also have a new small 2 amp charger .

Anyone now using these light batteries now ?

Bill, i had the same canoe as you do, and I used a12 volt deep cycle in it for years with my Minn Kota 30 Lb.  I ran extension cable from the front section of the canoe to the motor to balance out the weight, and it worked great.  Just ran the cable down that central keel groove in the floor.

I’m using the 12 volt in my kayak now with that motor.

i would like to get a lithium for the reduced weight in my yak, but the price is still atrocious on them.

i use a small lithium in it to power my Lowrance hook 2 fish finder.

I paid  $150 for the canoe brand new but it was a "second" as the transom is not level which doesn't change how it operates .

I also used an extension cable to set the heavy battery nearer to the front . For the amount of time I use the canoe I may just get a Wally deep cycle battery.

When I launch at Jordan harbour I only need to carry (or slide) the battery 10 ft.to set it in the canoe . I used a small dolly to take that battery down the dock 50' to my boat at Quinte . It folds up and can be carried in the canoe when needed. I'll decide soon when the water clear up .

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

I paid  $150 for the canoe brand new but it was a "second" as the transom is not level which doesn't change how it operates .

I also used an extension cable to set the heavy battery nearer to the front . For the amount of time I use the canoe I may just get a Wally deep cycle battery.

When I launch at Jordan harbour I only need to carry (or slide) the battery 10 ft.to set it in the canoe . I used a small dolly to take that battery down the dock 50' to my boat at Quinte . It folds up and can be carried in the canoe when needed. I'll decide soon when the water clear up .

Smerch check out grimsby tackle or bass pro maybe. They should have some lithium batteries. I’d buy from a shop so if anything happens you can maybe return it. 
the thing about buying online is you can never trust the reviews and knock off brands are usually garbage.