The two cheating walleye fishermen plead not guilty.

knightfisher

I don't think it will be an issue. Fish don't swim around with lead weights in their bellies, and they had sole possession of the fish right up until weighing time. We are so liberal in Canada that they would probably get off here, but not in the U.S. punishments will be considerably higher over there as well 

If they resume their fishing  "career",  they may face some pointed fingers and not so nice comments .................etc .!

And we don't have a justice system ,we have a legal system that needs fixing .

According to the latest YT vid I saw , these guys did not break any fishing regs. so thay can't take their license ,

and they will plea bargain as is usually the way it's done to get a better "deal" .

When they were first accused of putting lead into the fish , one guy bolted and the other stood there with a long face 

confirming his guilt . They will probably abstain from showing up at their usual boat ramps and buy a new boat .....

1 hour ago, Spiel said:

Hmmmm, I wonder how they'd explain the cut up pieces of small Walleye fillets that were also found in the fishes bellies along with the lead weights?

That's a good point Spiel  that could fall under "wasting game fish meat or using walleye fillets for bait " 

I hope they make an example of them with large fines . We have seen some BIG fines administered to anglers who kept  fish over the limit or out of season, etc. These guys need to treated the same !

10 minutes ago, boogaloo said:

Can't believe that no one tuned them up.

During these times of lienient sentences , I don't expect to see real justice for these two perps .

and if anyone tuned them up they would be charged with assualt . 

They still have to face others who  know what fraudsters look like .....  :ph34r:  ...they may prefer to wear their masks now ....