Dave72

Hi , guys have followed this site for years . I’m now a member , thank you gentlemen. Looking for to contributing. I’m 53 , I have a 18ft smokercraft 2021 model , I fish all over mostly with my son . Would like to make some friends and hopefully some fishing buddies . I’m an avid fisherman for 35 years all species. I fish through the winter also in Niagara district.  Again thank you , I’m Dave 

Dave ????   Dave who ?  (C & C)  

Welcome to the club of fish-mania , and nice intro .  You are like me targeting many kinds of fish . including carp .

I have a boat but only use it at my trailer at Quinte so I'm a shore fisher mostly .

You are still a grasshopper at 53  , we have kids over 50 who also love the outdoors and fishing .

Maybe we will meet on the ice (soon) !

...the fish in your avatar is a pike I presume ? And where was that beauty caught ?

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

Dave ????   Dave who ?  (C & C)  

Welcome to the club of fish-mania , and nice intro .  You are like me targeting many kinds of fish . including carp .

I have a boat but only use it at my trailer at Quinte so I'm a shore fisher mostly .

You are still a grasshopper at 53  , we have kids over 50 who also love the outdoors and fishing .

Maybe we will meet on the ice (soon) !

...the fish in your avatar is a pike I presume ? And where was that beauty caught ?

Thank you brother hope to meet up soon !

Out of curiosity I tried to look up my old profile to see when I first joined in on this site....2006....so that's 16 years off and on best I can tell...and 4590 posts on that profile.....so I'm guessing there really are some good people and fish stories to share along the way...haha...that means I have almost 6000 posts on here.....oh man ...I need a hobby....I should take up fishing or something....lol

Welcome to the board, this is where you'll meet friends and get info.

We have to help each other out as of the price of gas and boat launch gouging.

Some people have cut back doing their hobbies because of money issues.

Everyone that likes to take a feed of fish home would like info on where to catch a meal and enjoy a successful day of fishing with family and friends.

Posting pictures of yourself with a fish with no info doesn't mean a dam thing with out info where and bait used, we know what a fish looks like.

Almost all of my shore fishing spots are from 5 to 15 minutes away . Fishing 'out west'  at Jordan is my long haul !   I usually gas up every 6 weeks or so . 

Shopping for most goods (food) is just 1 km down the road and the little 4 banger G6 gets used for those short city runs .

Shore fishing can be very easy on the pocket book ..a few hooks , weights , can of corn , worms or minnies can get you some fish for your plates. 

When I use my boat at the trailer park it costs me $400 per season for a dock but I can fish everyday for 5 months with no launch fees. 

...and of course we have many fish dinners !  B)

10 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Welcome to the board, this is where you'll meet friends and get info.

We have to help each other out as of the price of gas and boat launch gouging.

Some people have cut back doing their hobbies because of money issues.

Everyone that likes to take a feed of fish home would like info on where to catch a meal and enjoy a successful day of fishing with family and friends.

Posting pictures of yourself with a fish with no info doesn't mean a dam thing with out info where and bait used, we know what a fish looks like.

Agreed