First cold weather outing

Jwl1

Had the pleasure of getting out with smerch today after what seems to be forever. We headed out with the thoughts of multi species possibilities for the morning....a bit of floating around some minnows...fishing the bottom...and a bit of bottom bouncing in hopes of a trout a pike a perch or anything else that might bite for that matter...we spent a few hours giving it a go with no success...then I finally pulled one out of a hat. I think the sudden cold snap and weird weather today may have had them turned off a bit.... Let the cold water season begin!!!...lol.. Always a pleasure Bill..thanks for the pick up and the minnows and of course the good company. We will have to get out again soon

IMG_20221117_131345333_HDR.jpg

Jack ....you are the PM again today !  The parking meter was just about expired and you nail a pike . 

Considering the cold wind , very low water level (floats set at 3.5 ft) , you managed to snaggle anothe pike .

Call me EELer I think that the last "fish" I caught !   I'm losing my touch , and my mind !!   :crazy:

anyhoo ....it was good to see you and great to fish again and get rid of some rust ...

and it was nice to finally see a few minnows with the gulls & cormorants getting some .

The crowd on the east wall didn't seem to be getting much action , maybe the sudden cool down .... 

pike was exactly 24 inches ...tomorrows supper ...

thanks Jack !

Pike 5 fillets.JPG

Geesh....thanks alot Bill...I was going to embellish that one a few inches...lol.....it's was well worth the 3 sinkers...4 streamers ...2 corkies....3 minnows I stole off you and  the twoonie to appease the parking meter guy...haha...

5 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

Had the pleasure of getting out with smerch today after what seems to be forever. We headed out with the thoughts of multi species possibilities for the morning....a bit of floating around some minnows...fishing the bottom...and a bit of bottom bouncing in hopes of a trout a pike a perch or anything else that might bite for that matter...we spent a few hours giving it a go with no success...then I finally pulled one out of a hat. I think the sudden cold snap and weird weather today may have had them turned off a bit.... Let the cold water season begin!!!...lol.. Always a pleasure Bill..thanks for the pick up and the minnows and of course the good company. We will have to get out again soon

Nice pike 👍

Pike is good eats if you do the ole 5 fillet way....that one was a bit chunky for the size of it....basically go in behind the head and pectoral fin down to the back pectoral fin and stop there...flip and repeat.....then go from the back pectoral fin to the tail on both sides.....run from back of the head on top when your knife hits the spine....run the knife down to the tail......best way to do a pike....I hate bones in my dinner....well except for gnawing the crap out of a big T bone...ive known Bill for over 15 years....best video you might get out of him Tyler is a picture of his dinner....lol....and I do believe the time I fished with you Bill and you got the eel.....you also got a couple good solid perch.....we both got perch around 15 inches....you got some cats....and I had something big break me off

6 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

What's that grey shite on yer mug Jack??????

17 minutes ago, bigugli said:

What's that grey shite on yer mug Jack??????

Trying to finally fit in with some of you guys after all these years Bruce...lol....you are definitely another I would love to hit the bank with....oops I forgot a couple of our members " may or may not be affiliated with the police force somewhere".....lol...um I mean get out for a catch up session and see what we can catch....lol...hard for me with working night and suck because me and the wifey poo share the car....I get home 6:30 am she starts 7 am....I pull in the driveway...give her the old loonie toons nod..... " Mornin Ralph........ Mornin Sam ".... Haha.... Shoot me a pm and I will give you my number

Just now, Jwl1 said:

Geesh....thanks alot Bill...I was going to embellish that one a few inches...lol.....it's was well worth the 3 sinkers...4 streamers ...2 corkies....3 minnows I stole off you and  the twoonie to appease the parking meter guy...haha...

Oops I hit the keys backwards again ...typing too fast with two or three thumbs . Sorry , it was 42 inches !   :rolleyes:

The meter guy was  friendly  , after I gave him my evil look ......

Yes the 5 fillet method works good , sometimes get a few bones from the anal area where the two cuts meet .As you can see the large back piece has a line of tissue which is removed .

Just now, Jwl1 said:

Trying to finally fit in with some of you guys after all these years Bruce

I got one started ...don't know if I can stand the itch . I hear it good camoflauge for catching pike .....

Haha.....worked for me today.....I was going to wear my lucky camouflage jacket for today....I looked in the closet...couldn't see it......haha....don't worry Bill underneath all the woolies I had my lucky pink thong on.......and to the Bigugly.....I was going through some pics a while back....and Emily who is 19 now still remembers you as " Santa"....