Hunting guns ban ?

smerchly

Some info for hunters to contemplate ...... this morning in the Sun.

Our PM and his supporters seem to think they can solve the crime in T.O. ,etc. by banning shotguns , etc. 

He knows his 'popularity'  is fading quickly as he has made a fool of himself the past month . ...ask Xi  ! 

These guns are legally registered and kept safely away from others ..... let's not entertain the idea to have more unregistered guns ....not good for any of us .

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-targets-hunters-with-gun-bill-changes-that-assault-canadian-heritage

• 2 weeks later...

I hope what I am hearing is some backpedaling from the Liberal Government in regards to this latest fiasco .It  seems there has been a backlash with this new amendment that took the Liberals by surprise . 

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

I hope what I am hearing is some backpedaling from the Liberal Government in regards to this latest fiasco .It  seems there has been a backlash with this new amendment that took the Liberals by surprise . 

I really hope they are more than just surprised!

according to their gun list, I have two .22 rimfire rifles on their list, and putting ANY little .22 on that list is absurd.

their list even includes single shots and old antiques!

26 minutes ago, genec said:

I really hope they are more than just surprised!

according to their gun list, I have two .22 rimfire rifles on their list, and putting ANY little .22 on that list is absurd.

their list even includes single shots and old antiques!

It's all complete. B.s....come get my guns!

"This" .....posted on the many comments from You Tube .

"God bless Carey Price for his integrity in telling the world what the Canadian government is doing to their law abiding citizens".

Carey came 'under fire' because he picked the wrong time to post about the gun cons -fication as QC still mourns about the mass shooting there many years ago .

Trudy will need his armed bandits again to go door to door and arrest honest citizens & he will spend billions to get his way . We must remember this dude got less than 1/3 of the total votes to call the shots . We certainly need a better voting system . and where is Sir Jags in this fiasco ?

I'm sorry I sold my moose gun , and I'm sure it would be on their hit list because it has a short barrel . 

This today ....got to give this lady Raquel kudos for standing up for our rights as Canadians .  

She got kicked out of the 'house' for telling it like it is .

There is hope .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECueP4q8h-A&ab_channel=CCFR

Yup, she is fighting hard.
Good on her! I wish our tool of an MP  in niagara would fight for us as well, but he’s got his head stuck to far up trudeaus ass.

As a side note, the call-to-action form is back up and running on the OFAH site.
All hunters and sport shooters, please use that service and send a note to your mp. it also goes to a number of senators.

6 hours ago, smerchly said:

This today ....got to give this lady Raquel kudos for standing up for our rights as Canadians .  

She got kicked out of the 'house' for telling it like it is .

There is hope .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECueP4q8h-A&ab_channel=CCFR

Shes the exact type of support needed.

8 hours ago, honeyv said:

Shes the exact type of support needed.

And it was also great to see all the women supporters which I doubt would be the same from Q.C. 

I believe we have the lying little turdeau ready to hide under his bed again ....keep it going Raquel !  

For the 71 years I have been on this earth I have been a proud Canadian. Guns and the Canadians who know how to use them were instrumental throughout our history. From the war of 1812 when we kicked American butts to World War I when Canadians went in after the French and the British got trounced and kicked German butts. World War II was another shining moment from the Devils Brigade to the Canadian liberation of Holland. Canadians are still honored in Holland when tourists visit. Canadians were in Korea, Vietnam, Serbia, Croatia and Afghanistan. Canadian snipers were among the best in the world in Afghanistan...even the American snipers acknowledged it. We fought for freedom and human rights all over the world and were effective because enough of us knew how to use guns effectively.

With the present government and their efforts to undermine this legacy with misleading statements and underhanded ways to achieve their goals demean law abiding gun owners, I am starting to lose that pride.

More people are killed by drunk drivers.....do they ban alcohol? More people are killed by distracted drivers...do they ban cell phones? More drivers are killed by cars.. do they ban them? I looked at a graph comparing deaths by guns in Canada compared to knives from 2006 to 2016? Death from knives at times exceeded death from guns...do they ban knives? Drug use and the crimes/deaths associated with it are far greater. Do they ban drugs?  Nope, they want to legalize drugs.

They don't face reality and legal gun owners are evil bloodthirsty demons who should be discriminated against.

The recent gun bust in the GTA ....62 weapons in all...showed that all but one gun was smuggled in from the U.S. and that one was a legal gun stolen from a law abiding citizen. I'm sure the criminals will obey the gun ban.

An interesting point gleaned from looking at history shows that most tin pot dictators and some not so minor like Stalin disarmed the citizenry to ensure no challenge to their authority. I am  in no way or form supporting armed rebellion but this is an interesting parallel.

It is not just the gun ban that has my goat. We are one of the premier producers of oil and gas in the world. Yet we have high prices for gasoline, diesel and heating oil. Our governments should be ashamed we cannot at least have sufficient domestic refining capacity to be able to supply reasonable prices to Canadians, especially lower income families. Instead we ship our natural resources outside the country and have to suffer when it is (or is not) shipped back to Canada at high prices. Shame on the people in charge...if they cared for the Canadian people they would have incentives and a mandate to make us self sufficient in those area.

The provincial government has seen fit to try and reduce the Green Belt and the farmland. In Niagara we have seen huge losses in productive farmland due to development. We could conceivably produce a lot more local produce to help food supply problems if we had this precious resource was still available instead of importing everything. The only people benefiting from the loss of farmland are the developers. You cannot blame the farmers if their property is rezoned for development and someone offers megabucks for it to develop it.

This loss of pride has worn me out. I apologize for anyone offended. I will have a beverage or two and lay down for a while.

Thank you for that very good answer to where we are today  ! I was just reading a medical report that said lung cancer is now the largest killer of Canadians , and I know many who have died from the smoke , and now they can add the 'other' smoke to those figures. 

And alcohol is next in line that kills millions of earthlings ..... but the governments makes plenty of pesos from those who become dependant on these vises.

It's ironic that our PM  is surrouned by armed guards to protect his hide but wants to disarm the people . What could he possibly have in mind for us peasants ?

....and btw yotehunter , I have 8+ more years on you as I become an octarian in March . I know how far our ship has sank the past 10 years...sad !

5 hours ago, smerchly said:

And it was also great to see all the women supporters which I doubt would be the same from Q.C. 

I believe we have the lying little turdeau ready to hide under his bed again ....keep it going Raquel !  

Time for Trudeau to go! 

Coyotehunter, that was an excellent writeup!!

You really should take the top portion of that on the gun issue, copy it, and email it to yourMP!

I wrote a scathing one-page letter on this issue and mailed it to my MP - just waiting now to see if he has the fortitude to send a response, or just sends a form letter garbage reply (if he even has the guts to reply at all, being a 

liberal).