Coming storm Dec 23-24

Chrisb

1 hour ago, knightfisher said:

That's amazing Bill. With all the wind, there is not a speck of snow on my sidewalks and I'm just around the corner from you. Must of been the direction of the wind I guess.

Yes Dan ,  our front deck is snowless while the back deck has a foot of snow . The 'lee' side usually get the drifts from the roof .  

I'm heading out with my snow suit and boots to clear the back steps ....gotta check out my minnies out in the cold temps. 

4 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Firewood for next season. Tree on my property line fell into neighbour's driveway. When the weather improves I will put my chainsaw to work.

IMG_6060 (Small).jpg

Shallow rooted tree , should be plenty of firewood to be had after this wind !

I checked my house and sunroom roofs and they are completly snow free ...

My good neighbour got to my driveway first and cleared the road 'berm' with his new snowblower . ...glad to help him break it in .....

We have hardly any snow here..don't know what it's like out in the real world...my townhouse complex is set back off the main drag in our own little neighborhood 

Just now, Jwl1 said:

We have hardly any snow here..don't know what it's like out in the real world...my townhouse complex is set back off the main drag in our own little neighborhood 

It was a heavy snow here as I could hardly see the houses across the road ., but the strong wind just blew it away leaving a few good drifts here and there on the lee side of buildings with over a foot on my small back deck to clear today . 

This weather report say we will have below freezing temps. until Wed.afternoon , (ice)? , then the 'usual' January thaw .....

xmas week weather.JPG

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

You are lucky!!

my buddy in Ft. Erie has 5 ft drifts in front of his garage, and said its like the blizzard of 77 there.  I was in Ft. Erie in 77 and vividly remember that storm, so it must be bad there today!

My daughter lives near the peace bridge...they got it pretty bad...we just got an update from shans son...the boys are still stranded near buffalo until at least tomorrow... I remember my mom sending me to school in the blizzard of 77..in Niagara falls... We lived like 2 blocks from my school and it took what seemed for ever to get there only to find 5 or 6 other kids..we all walked around the school trying to find an open door all confused until we all decided to walk back home...lol

Wow ,what a dramatic change !  High winds could push that ice over those barriers ? My wifes parents used big concrete blocks at their cottage at Long Beach . They shift over time .Your cement wall should last a long time . 

That 

8 hours ago, verado said:

A guy I know just told me that “Hippo’s “at Mohawk Bay is gone. Washed away in the storm . Can anyone confirm this?

That is false, hippos is very much still there. The kitchen is now a mobile trailer, and the owners pull it across the road to higher ground in the Fall.