Fishing at Port Maitland Pier

Rondeau Joe

33 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

How far out do you need to go from port maitland to get into perch?

im sure you could get them off the pier. 

I don't fish out of Maitland but Farmer would have a better idea than me. I go out of crystal beach and find my sweet spot is 50 to 60 feet of water. Still too early probably but this nice weather is giving me the itch

21 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

How far out do you need to go from port maitland to get into perch?

im sure you could get them off the pier. 

Early June I think is the prime time for catching perch near Port Maitland. Guys anchor near the mouth. I imagine it's chocolate milk for a long way right now

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I guess Erie it self is murky also

Yea I’ve been thinking of going down to Ft Erie and trying the river, but I expect its murky as well with the wind an rain.  I wish there was some way of checking the river conditions without wasting the 45 minute drive to get rhere.

2 hours ago, genec said:

Yea I’ve been thinking of going down to Ft Erie and trying the river, but I expect its murky as well with the wind an rain.  I wish there was some way of checking the river conditions without wasting the 45 minute drive to get rhere.

There is a webcam that shows the mouth of the river I believe. 

On 2/12/2023 at 4:33 PM, Darryl L said:

I don't fish out of Maitland but Farmer would have a better idea than me. I go out of crystal beach and find my sweet spot is 50 to 60 feet of water. Still too early probably but this nice weather is giving me the itch

I fish Crystal also but you'd think there should be perch out deep if you could find a pod of them.

Fishing Maitland I'm always chasing the Walleye, A few years back they were catching lots of perch off the end of the east pier in boats.

Seems like the Perch aren't there anymore like the past. We used to catch lots of Perch East side of Mohawk Pt. in-front of the A Frame cottage.

It's a good drive by boat from Maitland but we used to take the drive east to Morgans Pt. and get good catches of Perch, but pick your days.

On 2/13/2023 at 5:50 PM, genec said:

Upper was just under a foot today but big winds on the way...MUD till next week

On 2/13/2023 at 5:50 PM, genec said:

I use this one for water conditions:

Niagara Falls Live Webcam Feed | Niagara Falls Hotels