Fish for Bass and Get This...

Port_D_Guy

Pretty skinny Bass PDG !   Going by your net size it looks like a pretty decent eye .  

I haven't been fishing for a while but got thinking today about wetting a line again  as my brain thought about 10 spots to try

for various species .

How was the water clairity there ?  I caught my bow in the harbour at Port D  on a Blue fox spinner ....add a piece of worm for scent & 

you never know what will hit it .......including sheepshead .

Heavy stained but fishable in the harbour, but lake side its clearing up. 

I noticed 15, 16 and 20 Mile Creeks (and Jordan Harbour itself) looking like 1 cream coffee.

May be ok for catfish, but not really for anything else.

Right about the 15 ,16 & Jordan . Drive over the Bailey bridge at 21st .St and see the mucked up water flowing into the harbour .

It should be clearing soon during these hot sticky days while the water temperatures rise quickly .

1 of 3 in the same size and weight. 24"

Got them from the same "spot" on 3 casts in a row then nothing else.

There must be a reason why they're holed up here. 🤔

I'll keep trying it from time to time. Otherwise I don't like fixating too much on a spot.

IMG_20230712_073901.jpg

Another handsome peekeril  PDG and a nice size for the table . It's been a longgg time since one of those graced my table .

I should have went fishing this morning as it was cooler and cloudy for casting for eyes or trouties. 

9 hours ago, Port_D_Guy said:

1 of 3 in the same size and weight. 24"

Got them from the same "spot" on 3 casts in a row then nothing else.

There must be a reason why they're holed up here. 🤔

I'll keep trying it from time to time. Otherwise I don't like fixating too much on a spot.

IMG_20230712_073901.jpg

Beauty walleye 👍

I was the Port D Guy today , thought I'd try the harbour for anything with fins, and hooked a beauty 4" rock bass !  Then I went to Rennie to toss some swim baits for pike , but nothing happening except a few carp jumping . One of my fav. carp spots is now blocked by a 60' length of floating dock in front of the tall finish line building .

So I went for a coffee at the local shop there & got a small coffee & a large cookie . I had $5.00 in my pocket and  the bill came to $5.10 !!  So I bring out my bank card & the first thing that comes up was " how much for the tip " ?? I paid with the card & gave her a loony . When I left I checked to see if the sign said "Starbucks" . I am wayyy behind the times !  My home brew coffee runs about 10 cents per cup !  lol 

Port was busy with parking spots hard to find . It was a nice day to be down at the lake until the sun came out .....  :Gonefishing:  

Looks like some rain on the way ...I hope !  

....so now I'm having a nice cold 12 oz.beer which is cheaper than that 8 oz coffee !  

I rarely fish Port on the weekends because of how busy it gets there in general.

On Henley last last weekend there must have been 7 fishing kayaks, plus paddle boarders. Hopefully they don't get in the rowers way.

That 4-Way Stop can be a mess when drivers and cyclists don't understand what STOP and rules of the road means.

1 hour ago, Port_D_Guy said:

Hopefully they don't get in the rowers way.

Years ago there was an agreement made between us anglers and the city (with the mayor present) , and the Henley rowing club . A small dock was installed on the island for canoes & kayaks & anglers would bear way to any rowers approaching where we were fishing ,and we agreed to help keep the area clean .

In the meantime , other people come in and park their cars near the dock and leave their trash (aka Rooker's Rd.) Word has spread and we now have more people fishing from yaks & canoes. They may not be aware of the 'old rules' but common sense should prevail to give way to the rowers .

But , unfortunately , "common sense" doesn't always apply .....like when I carp fish from shore at Jordan with 3 lines in the water with rods plainly seen propped over the water and they paddle right over the lines !   C.S.A.  ( common sense adsent ) .      :dunno:..........:deadhorse:

14 hours ago, smerchly said:

I was the Port D Guy today , thought I'd try the harbour for anything with fins, and hooked a beauty 4" rock bass !  Then I went to Rennie to toss some swim baits for pike , but nothing happening except a few carp jumping . One of my fav. carp spots is now blocked by a 60' length of floating dock in front of the tall finish line building .

So I went for a coffee at the local shop there & got a small coffee & a large cookie . I had $5.00 in my pocket and  the bill came to $5.10 !!  So I bring out my bank card & the first thing that comes up was " how much for the tip " ?? I paid with the card & gave her a loony . When I left I checked to see if the sign said "Starbucks" . I am wayyy behind the times !  My home brew coffee runs about 10 cents per cup !  lol 

Port was busy with parking spots hard to find . It was a nice day to be down at the lake until the sun came out .....  :Gonefishing:  

Looks like some rain on the way ...I hope !  

....so now I'm having a nice cold 12 oz.beer which is cheaper than that 8 oz coffee !  

A small coffee and cookie over $5 that’s crazy.  Going to have to start drinking more beer I guess. 

12 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

A small coffee and cookie over $5 that’s crazy.  Going to have to start drinking more beer I guess. 

The beer I had last night went down nicely with some chips I picked up at the Walmart ......Those "Great Value" chips have doubled in price the last 6 months , from 87 cents to $ 1.68  !   I usually get my chips from Dollarama (larger bags)  and of course the canned corn for my carp friends...... :Gonefishing: