Happy New Year

marktheperchman

WTG Rob , that's a nice pike , some good snacks there .

They may be chasing the crappie away ?   

Ya RJR great start for 2024 !   

11 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

I'd like to know how you hauled that pike in?

Me too, Long handled net???

29 minutes ago, bigugli said:

"Chinese fire drill"  One reels in the fish and the other goes tumbling down the hill with the net.

That hill would be a little slick given the conditions we’ve had lately!! It’s a short but steep little climb. I know it’s fun with a canoe at that spot. 

On 1/3/2024 at 8:57 AM, smerchly said:

This ?   Make a home made version .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pjmpUcJRR8

Haha, this guy kinda stole our old invention from 30+ years ago. We used to use an old bike rim with the same 4 ropes tied into one idea. Brought many, many a fish up the walls of the Niagara Power Canals back in the day. We used a deep rubber mesh zip tied to the rim and only was seen a fish I couldn't fit in which was a musky at least 50" probably more... 

On 1/3/2024 at 5:53 PM, bigugli said:

"Chinese fire drill" 

I had one of those the other day fishing a pool filled with fallen trees. Said if I hook a fish here I’m jumping in.  Sure enough hooked up with a bow and in I went up and under trees just to lose it at my feet. 

10 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I had one of those the other day fishing a pool filled with fallen trees. Said if I hook a fish here I’m jumping in.  Sure enough hooked up with a bow and in I went up and under trees just to lose it at my feet. 

Where's the chest waders Tyler ?   

...and soon  we will be dealing with ice on the guides as we drift for trout .

And here's a quick way to keep your guides free of ice .....just use water  !   (if you can believe this ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzlG1xmBuU

41 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Oh I was wearing them. 

Good to hear , gotta keep our feet dry during these cold winter days .....

BTW , we may see over an inch of rain Tues .& Wed . ......    ☂️

11 hours ago, steellee said:

Haha, this guy kinda stole our old invention from 30+ years ago. We used to use an old bike rim with the same 4 ropes tied into one idea. Brought many, many a fish up the walls of the Niagara Power Canals back in the day. We used a deep rubber mesh zip tied to the rim and only was seen a fish I couldn't fit in which was a musky at least 50" probably more... 

Yep , we used various "rings" with netting to bring fish from walls and bridges . 

I have a 4 ft. minnow/smelt net that has a heavy frame which would be suitable for that purpose and I also use a reg .landing net that has a deep bag and I can add another 12' to the handle . I have netted a few pike with it lately.