Renew auto plate

I spend over an hour filling out the on-line request for my plate renewal yesterday . After filling out all the info required 3 times the answer was the same . "Try again later" 

After getting all the info from my 2 vehicles they are too busy ?  Or get on the phone and listen to music for an hour and give all the info on 2 vehicles ?

I tried again today and the same error code comes up . ...enough time wasted . Instant technology is soo great .

I have 2 choices ,  drive to Fonthill (20 min) or ignore it altogether .  I would be glad to see the old way back and pay directly at Service Ontario in Fonthill and send those bucks to help the hospitals . I'll wait until next week because it so nice to waste this 60*F. day as I can wash my vehicles now ! 

....the code I'm getting all morning .....

Plate Renew.jpg

40 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I spend over an hour filling out the on-line request for my plate renewal yesterday . After filling out all the info required 3 times the answer was the same . "Try again later" 

After getting all the info from my 2 vehicles they are too busy ?  Or get on the phone and listen to music for an hour and give all the info on 2 vehicles ?

I tried again today and the same error code comes up . ...enough time wasted . Instant technology is soo great .

I have 2 choices ,  drive to Fonthill (20 min) or ignore it altogether .  I would be glad to see the old way back and pay directly at Service Ontario in Fonthill and send those bucks to help the hospitals . I'll wait until next week because it so nice to waste this 60*F. day as I can wash my vehicles now ! 

....the code I'm getting all morning .....

Plate Renew.jpg

I’m surprised you don’t have a service Ontario closer to you in that busy area. 
sometime it’s just easier to go in. Pack your carp rods and make a day of it :)

5 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’m surprised you don’t have a service Ontario closer to you in that busy area. 
sometime it’s just easier to go in. Pack your carp rods and make a day of it :)

We have one here in St.Catharines but it's usually very busy . I have been going to Fonthill for many years since they closed the Thorold one down .

I don't mind the drive and I can always check out Minor Bros. on hwy 20 &

pick up a 25kg. bag of maize . 

I'll take a trip there next week , it's over 60*F here now ,way to nice to waste.

It would be a good carp day but pretty breezy out there .  The worms will be 'sunning' themselves tonight ....

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

We have one here in St.Catharines but it's usually very busy . I have been going to Fonthill for many years since they closed the Thorold one down .

I don't mind the drive

Agreed. Fonthill is way less busy. 

I put the time in on my pc but can't get a final ok from Service Ontario . I don't mind the 20 min. drive as I like the idea of dealing with real people better . I'll pick a cold nasty day when others will go on line in a nice warm house .   🤗 

Well !!!  It 'seems' we will not have to waste our time getting our plates renewed as Mr. Ford has announced there's over a million Ont. drivers with expired plates .

And there has been thousands of people fined while driving with expired plates . So he is cancelling the whole show !  Let's hope this happens soon , like tomorrow ?

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/politics/provincial/doug-ford-government-scrapping-licence-plate-renewals/article_75e92236-1b5c-5450-b558-e07b70ef6d23.html