Anybody Here Carries a "boat" in their 8ft box Pick-up?

Mostly would like to see how well it fits into the bed.

Any kind of boat really. Length would be 12' - 14'

Could be slim profile like kayak / canoe or squarish like a jon boat / cartopper aluminum.

Maybe still need the bed extender from the hitch for extra security.

I have this one for my Astro van . My 16' freighter canoe extends at least 6' passed the vans bumper .I glued some carpet on the cross bar to keep gunnels from damage and use some orange trail tape for visibility . 

https://www.princessauto.com/en/big-bed-junior-hitch-mount-truck-bed-extender/product/PA0008609737

3 hours ago, Port_D_Guy said:

Mostly would like to see how well it fits into the bed.

Any kind of boat really. Length would be 12' - 14'

Could be slim profile like kayak / canoe or squarish like a jon boat / cartopper aluminum.

Maybe still need the bed extender from the hitch for extra security.

A bed extender would be good. I don’t use one but probably should. My yak hangs out roughly 5’. 

I flip my 12 foot kayak upside down and leave the gate up. No issues at all. I'm able to tow my boat with the kayak in the bed this way when I want to bring all the toys. I've also put a 10' tinner in the back upside down with the gate down. It can definitely be done.

29 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

I flip my 12 foot kayak upside down and leave the gate up. No issues at all. I'm able to tow my boat with the kayak in the bed this way when I want to bring all the toys. I've also put a 10' tinner in the back upside down with the gate down. It can definitely be done.

Is the tinner on top of the wheel wells? How wide is the tinner?

Every boat is different, but i don’t thing anything in the 12 ft range is going to fit in a standard pickup between the wheel wells unless you are talking about a jon boat. A standard pickup like an f150 allows for 4ft between arches

I've seen 14 ft. tinners with one side over a wheel well with a cushion on the wheel well  & tailgate down .

My small Astro is also 4' between the wells & I can put 4 x 8 sheets totally inside . I  believe other mini vans like the Chrysler  vans can also.

Where there is a will there is a way. I’ve carried a 12 ft harbour craft tinner up north on the top of a chevette on roof racks back in the day!

looking back at it now, that was probably not the best idea 😀

1 hour ago, Markster said:

Where there is a will there is a way. I’ve carried a 12 ft harbour craft tinner up north on the top of a chevette on roof racks back in the day!

looking back at it now, that was probably not the best idea 😀

In China they can put 14 tinners  in a pickup . (or a scooter)  😆

Check out the BMW behind the biker LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOYZGJWh8tc