Blatant Attack On Our Fishing Rights. Martindale Pond Access Denied‏

knightfisher

We had our on site meeting today on Henley Island and I am

very please to announce that all parties came to a mutual agreement.

A new launch area will be created about 100 yards south of the existing

launch area. The club will be providing a dock. The city will be installing

a new fence. This will take some time as is to be expected. There were a lot

of creative ideas brought forth and it was nice to see everyone in attendance

on the same page.

I want to thank everyone who backed us up, via posts on the thread, and PMs.

Again thank you very much and I will keep all informed on the progress as

it happens.

Thank you

Dan

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is great news Dan .....glad to see this issue resolved and peace restored . I believe they know we are stewards of our environment and we take proper care of the land and water we use for our pleasures . When they put garbage pails in there , we will make sure they are used ! I thank you :worthy: for a job well done .....you did a lot of research and contacted many people to see this through . And I would also like to thank the many members here that were concerned enough to post their input an ideas which created a very large read for others who became aware of our plight . If I may use an old union expression ......."Together we stand , divided we fall " ........ as my avatar shows.....a frog choking a heron...... "never give up" :)

Dan:It looks like you stepped up to the plate and handeled this isue the right way.Last time I was down there I seen alot of garbage in the area, with a closer look you could tell it was from people using this spot for sport. I wondered how long it would take before they took a stand and tried to close it off.There is always a way to solve issues buy contacting the right people instead of creating isues and pissing off the ones that are incharged,you know that I have had lots of issues in areas that anglers like to fish and it always came back to a garbage issue. I am sorry that I have not been up to snuff on this isue to be able to give you a hand but it seems that you took care of this with the help of the general public.Great job to you and all that STEPPED UP. Catfish

good work guys.you should have come out fishing after the meeting. great day.

I so wanted to get out on the water, but I had to go to Hamilton and pick up my kids. Hope you made out well. There was a guy with an inflatable that hooked into a jumbo perch and some nice largemouths.

I so wanted to get out on the water, but I had to go to Hamilton and pick up my kids. Hope you made out well. There was a guy with an inflatable that hooked into a jumbo perch and some nice largemouths.

i did so good man.

i didnt know there were perch in there....

congratulations to a well executed protest everyone!

Dan, you truly lived up to your avatar name and. You certainly are a modern day night KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR.

I propose that a plaque be raised at the new dock in honor of those who made this happen and naming of the dock "Knightfisher's Dock"

Good Job Dan! Glad to see this issue was resloved nicely..

Just an Idea...

Maybe to show the Rowing Club that not all Fishermen are bad... we should hold the next Garbage Derby on the Island? and or around Martindale Pond?

See everyone ...when were all mature and have our emotions in check ... great things get accomplished !

It wasn't easy to keep my emotions in check . It's a good thing Dan kept his cool and approached the right people , spent a lot of his time emailing , calling people , and researching . He wanted to keep it simple and polite as possible . We can accomplish more with honey than apple cider vinegar . :santa: I think the rowing club knows , a few canoes or kayaks are no threat to them and hopefully , we can take part in joining them on the pond and taking good care to keep it CLEAN ! Some day , as kayaking becomes more popular , we may see kayak races on the course like we saw in the past Olympics . That would be a great addition to the races if the rowing club agreed . And I must thank the other people who sent letters to the club , city councilors etc . Dan will know who to thank for their help more than I . Thanks again Knightfisher !

We had our on site meeting today on Henley Island and I am

very please to announce that all parties came to a mutual agreement.

A new launch area will be created about 100 yards south of the existing

launch area. The club will be providing a dock. The city will be installing

a new fence. This will take some time as is to be expected. There were a lot

of creative ideas brought forth and it was nice to see everyone in attendance

on the same page.

I want to thank everyone who backed us up, via posts on the thread, and PMs.

Again thank you very much and I will keep all informed on the progress as

it happens.

Thank you

Dan

Thanks everyone...good to see a positive change come out of all this.

Good Job Dan! Glad to see this issue was resloved nicely..

Just an Idea...

Maybe to show the Rowing Club that not all Fishermen are bad... we should hold the next Garbage Derby on the Island? and or around Martindale Pond?

We've been talking about this idea for a couple of weeks now. Once we get the first one over with and ensure that this tentative deal with the city and rowing club is going to solidify we will be exploring this more.

Dan awesome work putting all this in motion i wish i had one tenth of your drive and determination, job very very well done. And to all that helped Dan hats off to you all. You all should be proud of that you guys/girls have done. without you THEY would have gotten their way and been able to do that they please and screw all us common folk. Again job well done all.

cheers

jeff

• 5 months later...

Attended the third meeting with the mayor, councillors, staff, members of the rowing club,

and three of us canoeist/kayakers.

For the most part we all agreed on the particulars in regards to the new launch site.

Staff is currently waiting for permits from the Niagara Peninsula conservation authority,

and said there should be no delays with them.

City staff say the new launch site and new fence should be in place by April of this year 2013.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me.

Thanks,

Dan

Archived