More Outings And A New Pb Again

miller

made it out friday before work for a half hour and luckily managed two browns.

april13th2012.jpg

april13th20121.jpg

had the day off today and made the best of it. went chucking spoons into the wind. at the end of a cast i reeled my spoon in and let it drop a bit as i was talking to a buddy when a monster brown smashed it. ended up beating my old pb of 19lbs 1oz with this beast at 22lbs even.

april18th2012.jpg

afternoon went float fishing on a river i havn't tried before and managed to hook into a couple fish, got one shaker, one nice bow, lost another, and landed a sucker too. the bow i landed had some deep cuts on one side and scratch marks on the opposing side so it looks as if a eagle or something tried to grab it.

april18th20124.jpg

april18th20122.jpg

Wow Miller, Nice job,

I have stood on that same cement peir 4 times this season and had no luck... So you definatly know what your doing......

Thanks for posting the pictures.... it keeps me motivated.....

Hey Niagarangler, you notice the marks on the fish in the last two pictures ? .... Cliff gets around eh ?

lol...... I hope this gets old before I get banned.....

Cam

Nice beast there Josh ! I haven't broke the 10 lb mark on browns yet ! A friend caught a 22 lb. brown at Port Dover a few years back , a big hen full of eggs. I would say those deep marks were caused by an eagle or an osprey which was dropped from being too heavy . Congrats again , you have been doing very well lately !

Nice beast there Josh ! I haven't broke the 10 lb mark on browns yet ! A friend caught a 22 lb. brown at Port Dover a few years back , a big hen full of eggs. I would say those deep marks were caused by an eagle or an osprey which was dropped from being too heavy . Congrats again , you have been doing very well lately !

I concurred with the eagle osprey theory on the other site , but later looking at the grip, two to each side of the back, puncturing on one side and slipping and scratching the other side cause the fish was too heavy, that pattern says Owl to me. Wouldn't be surprised if a Great Horned tried to grab it and it made it's way through some shallow water . The 2 and 2 pattern would be owl talons.

WTG....nice looking browns for sure. Congrats on the new PB. I had a bow a few weeks ago with very similar wounds and right behind and on top of the head. Im still stumped

as to what it might be, identical type of gash and same depth. Wierd for sure.

Your record for the brown is the exact same as mine now. Nice fish And the last picture looks like talon wounds especially if there is one on the backside of the fish. Mind you I would love to see somthing flying away with a fish that large!

lol

. In all honesty, I'm just in the search for my first trout ever. So asking guys where there catching stuff is just widening my opportunity to catch one . It's no problem if they don't want to say where they caught there fish.

. In all honesty, I'm just in the search for my first trout ever. So asking guys where there catching stuff is just widening my opportunity to catch one . It's no problem if they don't want to say where they caught there fish.

any pier on the south shore of lake ontario can be dynamite in the spring, ive landed quite a few fish from different piers all over and even just off sand beaches. having the right water clarity can be just as important as location. when its that green colour and has a few feet visibility is the best. take a drive along some shoreline roads and you'll be suprised with how many spots there are to fish.

send me a message and I will be glad to help you out... and if our scheduels work we can get out on the water together and I can show you spots and techniques !

send me a message and I will be glad to help you out... and if our scheduels work we can get out on the water together and I can show you spots and techniques !

this is the break iv been looking for :) il shoot you a pm right now,

and thanks miller, i guess that gives me an excuse to go for a good long drive, thanks.

jordanl,

If in doubt, just head over to Port Dalahousie, two big piers to fish off of there, throw some Cleos...

It also easy to get out near the shore near Jordan Harbour were the pirate ship is...

Im also looking for my first trout, but i have seen many people catching them at these locations.

Good luck and let me know how you do...

Archived