Fishing In The Jordan Harbour

pike007

Hey guys thinking of taking the boat out this weekend to the jordan harbour weather permitting , is it free launching cant remember? Just wondering if anyone has fished it lately, will be fishing on the left side under the bridge into the harbour side not the lake side.If i recall the water is really murky brown. Has it changed any? Feedback would be great!!

i think youd have to launch from the beacon side? i dont know much about launching, but i think thats the only one, and i would assume youd have to pay to launch, the water in the harbour is murky brown, with pretty much half foot visibility, be weary of bringing your boat in, if i remember correctly, waters very shallow in spots, and there are lots of trees in the water, so just take it easy in there

Been in there a few times. nothing special unless you are shore fishing. O.K. for a few bass and sheephead. Water is very shallow in spots. But is a solid 8 ft all the way through the river. If you stay in line with the river you enter it will stay 8ft. In the bays it is 2 ft. If your gonna go in there use a kicker if you have one. Ride it high in the water to a point where it still pumps water LOL. But constantly watch that it keeps pumping water. Last time I went in my pump stopped working because it got clogged with sediment.

When entering the harbour side from the lake stay close to the pillars on the left where it's deeper , but be very careful in that shallow harbour . That launch has been $10 for many years while others have raised their rates .If you have boat problems, the guys running the shop there (Claude & John) are great guys and know their stuff . I have dealt with them a few times and happy with their service.

yes indeed, poor farming practices way up the Twenty watershed continue to destroy this beloved harbour, which is a very unique geological freature, a "closed off harour" that is rare in Canada.

In 100 years the entire harbour will become a marsh environment, no open water, if bufferzones are not implemented upstream.

yes indeed, poor farming practices way up the Twenty watershed continue to destroy this beloved harbour, which is a very unique geological freature, a "closed off harour" that is rare in Canada.

In 100 years the entire harbour will become a marsh environment, no open water, if bufferzones are not implemented upstream.

Take away the highway berm and you would slow the rate of sedimentation to a normal level, but that is a hundred year old problem.

I have never caught either fish there. I always start off with cranks and spinners for them, but eventually switch to targeting cats.

Last Sat when I was in there the water temp was 82 in some places. With this heat wave, I would imagine that to be a lot higher now.

:Gonefishing:

Archived