Fishing Related Resolutions

Bass-turd

Just curious if anyone has any resolutions for this upcoming fishing year.

I've got a few:

1. My first laker

2. Pike over 40"

3. Muskie over 45"

4. Smallmouth/largemouth over 6lbs

5. Walleye over 10lbs

Reaching big here but hey, that's probably why my resolutions are the same every year....anyone else?

Last years resolution was to get my first musky, which I got. This years is a lake trout and steel head. Never had much luck with trout so I am gonna give it some focus this year.

Now that I am 70, and have taught grandsons to catch clean and fry fish, I want give them some time running the outboard so they are ready for their operator's license.

This year the oldest can drive them to the cottage and all I have to due to have the boat ready!

Serious downsizing this year :read: . On the fishing front , no more fishing magazines .... the hunny -do stuff will over rule the fishing stuff, (LOTS to do) ....... give the www. more time off , fishing Quinte - more time , here, not so much . I have enough tackle to last me until my 105th birthday , just need to buy the odd can of corn , pick worms, net minnows ... (been sorting lures all day) . Hope to hit the ice a few times at Dain City (if there's ice) The weather will determine how much fishing will be done this winter :coldsmiley:

These are all great, some of you have inspired me to add a few to my list....I love portaging so a new canoe route is in the works, plus my neices and nephew will definitely get some more special fishing time with their uncle. Also tying my own jigs is something that has really caught my attention, I would love to catch a trout on a jig I tied with my own hands, so that's going to be added for sure

Gona add two more.

I tie streamers but lack confidence in them. So I'd like to hook into a steelhead or brown on one. Secondly, I'd like to explore new water on the niagara, I'd like to find runs that arnt pressured as much or maybe a bit to out of the way for the average angler.

Break the 30 pound mark for Carp

Catch my 1st Lake Ontario Carp

Catch my first Steelie (I only fish from Credit - Wilmot, so no Niagra River for me)

Catch a Muskie.

So not that great of a list, but it's a list none the less

Last year I broke my personal best walleye and carp with a two carp in the 25 pound range and a 31 inch walleye in the 10 pound range. I'd like to set new PB's. Especially Smallmouth and Pike. My PB smallie is 22 inches and my PB pike is 36 inches which was set way back 26 years ago!

Archived