How did everyone do?

kgm

How did everyone do today for bass opener. I got out on Erie for a few hours this evening. Managed 2 nice bass, and lost a few as well. They weren't hammering the bait so had a few lightly hooked and spit the hook by the boat. All in all a great time.  Senkos and tubes were working

image.jpeg

Was a great opener in Haliburton. Always pick up the kids on the last day of school and head north. Erie will have to wait. Kids had a blast, lost count on how many fish we got. Dad still managed the biggest of the night. 

Was out on Erie too. Tubes weren't working for us. Ended up with 4 keepers in the 2lb range. Boy was it hot, and the CB ramp was stacked up. 12 boats in front of us to get out, and several jet skis cutting the line didn't help

I went out after dinner thinking it would have slowed down, still had to wait for the ramp for about 15 minutes to put in. The place was empty by 9:30 when we got back though.  Beautiful night out on the water though

5 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

If you don't mind me asking were you out deep or close to shore i found last year i was finding them in around 25 feet 

All the bass we caught and all the notes were in 14'-18' of water. Could see the fish swim up for the bait most times. 

31 minutes ago, kgm said:

All the bass we caught and all the notes were in 14'-18' of water. Could see the fish swim up for the bait most times. 

Ok thanks kgm i have to get out this week keep at it kgm

I fished sparrow lake this weekend and fishing was decent. Bass pike n sunnies. Had a pike chomp down on my bass  when I was reeling it in. Pike had it in its mouth for about 15secs. Tried landing the pike by hand and he took off. (No net) took the bass off the hook n he swam away. 50CB244A-4A7C-4760-9153-1470A51976D4_zps

319EF59C-5CCD-405F-9F63-A4B3AFFB9E9B_zpsE571531F-79E8-4C9D-A122-9E563895150C_zps

4 hours ago, RaedwulfFisher said:

Damn nice dude..I have a confession..for as many bass as I've caught ..I've never caught a smallmouth..

then again I have never targeted them. :P

Hey man just keep plugging away and youll find them. Deffinitley one of my favourite fights! 

Thought id share a pic of a couple that i kept. I usually dont keep bass but on the opener I like to have a nice little fish fry with the catches from opening weekend. Anyone suggest any recipies? I usually just go with the beer batter but I want to try something new. 

20160626_095300.jpg

37 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Top water frog, drop shot white minnow, and on a jig head and worms. 

Way to go Tyler0420 that would have been cool to see that pike attack that bass seeing all these bass pics man i have to get out 

We hit the Welland river Saturday morning. I didn't get any bass, but I did manage 2 sheepshead, a nice pike, and my very first snapping turtle! Only, a single bass was caught by the group of us.

I also took out 3 bags of garbage.............

9 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

Way to go Tyler0420 that would have been cool to see that pike attack that bass seeing all these bass pics man i have to get out 

Forgot I took a pic. Look close n u will see the bass head. EBFB690D-2DDB-4695-8468-B60089A4B2F9_zps

Archived