Carp were Hungry - Sept 26, 2016

Snags

Went 6 for 6 today ... all on canned corn.

During one fight the carp went over the area I had the corn tossed out ... and I would swear it was trying to eat some more corn while hooked.

Another carp as soon as it was unhooked went straight back on the feed vacuuming up any corn it could find.

No size, all in the 5 to 10 pound range.

Muskie did not happen, had to change location due to the weed cover that exists.

Had fun with the carp and got out just in time ... few minutes after getting in the car the heavier rains started.

Nice going snags ,  hope the trend continues .  My last three outings for carp have been productive and I'm sure this colder weather will get the big mamas and papas filling up their bellies for the winter .   Getting ready now to try my luck ....if you can make it .......:Gonefishing:  

Went zero for 2 this morning . Two very big fish that I could not turn around as they both headed for a large weed bed about 120 ' from shore . First fish ran out 120 ft. into the weeds at a very fast speed .....could not dislodge it ,  broke the 30# floro carb line near the swivel  . Rigged up with a bolt rig , 5 min later while holding the rod in my hand , another hard hit , same straight run to the weed bed . ...tightened the drag more but lost the fish close to the weeds ....could not turn it around ....both very large fish , took the maize .  I was using 30 lb braid with 20 lb  mono for the hair rig ... Will have to go stronger on the gear with larger hooks next time .

Archived