What's your biggest fish ever?

kgm

Alright, it's getting a little slow on here lately seeing as there's no ice at all to fish on. Thought I'd see if I can get some excitement going. What's The biggest fish you've caught.  I don't care if it's weight or length, or what species. Post a picture or a story about it.  I'd love to see them. Here is mine. 41" pike caught ice fishing on Nippissing in 2010. 

IMG_1498.JPG

My biggest would have been a carp ... I dont recall the measurements, but I plugged them into a weight calculator and it came out at around 35 pounds .... hell of a fight on a light action rod with 4 pound line.

Life of over 50 years of fishing include a long list of personal bests that would be hard to top. Most recent PB would be the 31" walleye that now hangs on my wall'

Biggest fish I every caught was a long time back when Rob was just small.We were fishing CDP for cats along the beach. I had a float out for Rob and a bottom line for myself while Rob played on the beach making sand castles. All of a sudden I hear the drag peeling from my rod and run after it. Grabbed my rod just as it was being pulled into the pond. For the next 45 minutes I'm fighting this fish while my 3 year old son is waving the net around yelling "I'll get it Dad"  When I finally get the beast close to shore, there is that realization the net is wayyy toooo small. So here I am dragging the fish up on the beach with Rob pulling me from the back of my shirt. (Would have made a great video).  We finally beached this 48" carp that was almost twice the size of the boy. I don't believe I had the camera with me that day, but that is one memory that will never fade.

Biggest fish ...longest or heaviest ? 

My lonnnnnnngest was a 42 inch eel caught at Jackson's Flats back in the 50's .

My heaviest is a big old carp,:bb2: just over 30 lbs. , caught at Jordan Harbour 2 years ago .....arms are still sore !

100-120lb estimate, Tarpon off Marco island...a screaming torpedo that peeled line like crazy. Worse part was losing it (hook popped out ) 50 yds from the boat. Other than that a 32lb chinook out of port credit downrigging.

My heaviest fish was a 22.5 pound lake trout on my second time ever trolling.  I won 4th place with that fish 2 years ago in the spring Salmon derby.

My next biggest fish was my 2nd time trolling for walleye on Lake Erie this past summer, I caught a 30 inch walleye.

Both memorable moments I was fishing with my son who loves to fish everyday.  The big fish were a bonus to the time I spend fishing with my son.

1 hour ago, Its About Time said:

My heaviest fish was a 22.5 pound lake trout on my second time ever trolling.  I won 4th place with that fish 2 years ago in the spring Salmon derby.

My next biggest fish was my 2nd time trolling for walleye on Lake Erie this past summer, I caught a 30 inch walleye.

Both memorable moments I was fishing with my son who loves to fish everyday.  The big fish were a bonus to the time I spend fishing with my son.

That's the best when you catch a fish like that with your kids.  I still remember my sons face when I caught a 36" pike with him in the boat. Priceless. The only thing better I think would be for one of the kids to catch the big fish instead 

My biggest (longest and heaviest) is a 50 inch musky estimates to be about 35 lbs. Caught it on Cave Run Lake in Kenrucky 11 or 12 years ago. I spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the picture. Not sure where it is?

25 minutes ago, yakfish said:

My biggest (longest and heaviest) is a 50 inch musky estimates to be about 35 lbs. Caught it on Cave Run Lake in Kenrucky 11 or 12 years ago. I spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the picture. Not sure where it is?

That's crazy. I would love to see a picture of it if you find it. That's a huge fish

might add that i caught it on a pink ear plug with a 9lbs weight underneath...something else i cannot bring myself to doing any longer. the fish came out of the water looking like i mixed the whites with the colors in the wash..belly was all tore up..tail looked like an old piece of romaine lettuce. fish faught like a prize fighter. those were my pinning/bottom bouncing/didnt know better days of fishing. now i toss hand tied clumps of fur and feathers at fish and even the 6 inchers bring me more joy than any tanker ever could.

PS the pink earplug is a fact before i hear it from the peanut gallery...i knew alot of guys that fished with them. 

33 minutes ago, schnipster said:

PS the pink earplug is a fact before i hear it from the peanut gallery...i knew alot of guys that fished with them. 

Ear plug is a great idea. I used to use marshmallows. Super hard to keep on the hook though

2 hours ago, rickyy33 said:

My biggest is this pike 

Screenshot_20170218-103110_zpsiumnqek2.j

And while on the topic this is my son's biggest a 30" walleye..I believe he was only 3 at the time but hes no stranger to big fish

20170218_102845_zpseb3if8pj.png

Some nice fish there.. Love the boy's expression of WOOOOOWWWW! I caught that?

40" pike .didnt weigh it. Catch and release. We were drifting on a windy day for pickerel. 6# test,no leader . Fought t for about 10 min. Was a lot of fun!

Archived