I am just going to leave this here ...

Snags

Beautiful specimen of a musky snags !   Nice to see  those  big fish are  close to home .

You will have to beef up your tackle a tad .....B)

Nice fish.  Always great seeing Muskie caught in Niagara (I assume).  It always seems in Niagara the muskie get caught targeting other fish.  On a personal note,  I don't particularly enjoy catching them when they aren't in season and I don't have the correct gear.  I care too much about the health of those fish.   Secondly, right now as the water is starting to warm up they have a job to do.   If I have seen or caught in a muskie an area during their spawn I generally don't fish that spot because muskie return to the same spawning grounds and i want to let that fish have the best chance of success .  It is also the only species that I have a 100% catch and release policy and it doesn't matter the size.  

I've caught the odd ski while perching or walleye fishing using minnows ....hooked a sturgeon same way . A quick shot of your best in a lifetime fish I think is ok to do... & blanking out the back ground is also a good thing for many reasons....There are those among us that would have taken that fish for the table regardless .....

7 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I've caught the odd ski while perching or walleye fishing using minnows ....hooked a sturgeon same way . A quick shot of your best in a lifetime fish I think is ok to do... & blanking out the back ground is also a good thing for many reasons....There are those among us that would have taken that fish for the table regardless .....

I agree Smerchly and pictures and posting are great especially the way Snags did it and not revealing too much.    I'm not saying anything against any of those things.   With hunting and fishing there are personal choices above the legal ones.  Muskie are just one fish that I make some personal choices above and beyond the law even though you can harvest 1 in season with a sport fishing licence in Ontario.   I'm sure others here do the same.  When I hunt I won't necessarily pull the trigger on the first thing i see.  

I landed a ski for a guy who fishes for them constantly .He uses light gear and he showed me his fishing box full of lures he uses for them .....all of them were barbless .  Most of the time he just brings them in to the water's edge & quickly removes the hook with  his fingers or long nosed pliers .  Most carp anglers also take special care when releasing their catch .  They will be even larger next year ...... 

• 2 years later...

Nice markings on that one...solid chunky fish....cool to see the different patterns on niagara muskies

On 7/23/2020 at 1:42 PM, Tyler0420 said:

After 2 years maybe it’s a 45incher now. 

LOL. Still alive after 2 yrs. for sure 50" by now..hahaha

On 7/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, мормышка said:

Looks 45" there.

Looks to be about 8 boards long ....measure up those boards .......   B)

Go back to the scene ,,,,bigger spinner bait ....bigger net  ....:Gonefishing:

Archived