First Trip back to the U.S

Darryl L

Well today I decided to do my first day trip back to the United States in almost a year and a half, not sure I would go back again anytime  soon.  20211202_103914.jpgI used to go every week religiously for gas beer etc..After today it's quite evident that Canada does not want us going over there and will make it as difficult as they can for us. The trip into the U.S was seamless. All booths open, very friendly, didnt even ask about vaccination status. " welcome back". The gas was $3 a gallon which after conversion was 1$ a litre.  Not bad. The beer was $2220211202_120017.jpg for 36 cans of Coors light which is $60 at the beer store. Coming back into Canada was a nightmare.. mile long lineup and only 2 booths open, and nexus lane closed. Had to download an app on my phone, and still got the 3rd degree when I pulled up to the border agent. All in all I probably saved 100$ on everything but it was a bit of a pain in the ass. I was actually surprised that most people where I went were all wearing masks. 

I haven't crossed the border in 20 years ...no pass port , no vax., no problem . I remember well the diff. between the border inspection on both sides . The American side was very friendly & courteous and so were the people at the gas bars and stores and American people seemed to be a happier bunch than Canadians. Surprised you didn't have to show both "passports" .  I seem to recall a Mr. Ford saying he will bring forth a buck-a-beer  to Ontario . That Coor's light pony piss is not worth a buck !  :P

It would be interesting to know what all those customs agents are doing with only two lanes open? They've been twittling their thumbs on full pay for a year and a half and only two boths open when it's time to get back to work?

On our return trip from our deer hunt in NY two weeks ago, it was painfully slow coming back and they sent a team of three agents to check out my guns!

Arghh!

3 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

It would be interesting to know what all those customs agents are doing with only two lanes open? They've been twittling their thumbs on full pay for a year and a half and only two boths open when it's time to get back to work?

On our return trip from our deer hunt in NY two weeks ago, it was painfully slow coming back and they sent a team of three agents to check out my guns!

Arghh!

I really think they only had the two lanes open to make canadians wait, and deter them from crossing into the states again. Canada has making huge money on gas, alcohol, groceries without people crossing the border the last 1.5 years. It's disgusting how much we pay in Canada, compared to what the same item is only 15 minutes away. I wanted to buy my son a Buffalo Bills hoodie for Christmas. You can't buy one in Canada for less than 80$..same Hoodie in the U.S.$29