SHED HUNTING

Row dog

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

Still early for sheds to fall .....

My dad sent me this picture today from his backyard in Toronto. We got sheds. Definitely starting. 323584069_940378520190379_8898769256181623339_n.jpg

That close up is showing a blood spot from the antlers ? 

Toronto is north of Niagara so those northern deer are probably a week ahead of us ....:rolleyes:

That deer I posted looks like he's an old fella judging by the white muzzle and by the way it walked in the video.

Deer hunters would know better than I about that .....

5 hours ago, smerchly said:

My son was attending his wood duck/owl boxes today and saw this buck .It had a limp as it walked , maybe just old like me.....

Still early for sheds to fall .....

Big Buck.JPG

Nice buck. That thing looks jacked. 

39 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Toronto is north of Niagara so those northern deer are probably a week ahead of us ....:rolleyes:

That deer I posted looks like he's an old fella judging by the white muzzle and by the way it walked in the video.

Yep Smerch, that's what the spots are from! 

Toronto is North, but this year honestly has me perplexed. We've been having the exact same weather as Toronto it would seem and in fact, according to my family still in the city, they barely got any of the storm we had over Christmas here in Welland/Port. So who knows. I pulled my cams for the year after the season ended. So I haven't been monitoring the Deer activity. I'd imagine that they would be starting here too though. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 10:13 PM, smerchly said:

The farther north you go the later the rut, because spring comes later, they should be behind us