What’s your favorite fishing/outdoors YouTube channels?

Tyler0420

Some big ass carp there Tyler, maked my last 4 pounder look like bait ! I have watchec many vids and picked up new methods to fish or bait up .

I should be a pro by now , but I don't want to work again !   :rolleyes:

I also watch a lot of music , especially the old stuff when music was.... music.   

My wife does the cooking , I don't need to know that stuff , except frying up some fish or pike kabobs on the bbq. 

Thanks for the links , good to check more of them on rainy days ....like tomorrow .    

He is very entertaining and uses simple gear and techniques , and catches fish !  I laughed at the carp fsihing vid. from shore at the Welland R. as he was carp fishing with light gear and us ing a very small net . He would not be able to handle a 20# carp with that net  lol . I like his vid.fishing for big cats at Jordan (in my spot) !  <_<

Speaking of nets ....I spent an hour on line today looking for a folding carp net suitable for large carp . Bass pro had some telescopic handle nets but not the typical triangle shape most carpers use . Even though carping is very popular here in Niagara/Hamilton local shops don't have those nets. .  

I remember talking to a fishing section guy at Bass Pro about having a Carp/Catfish section as the area is good for those.

He didn't disagree and would welcome it, but it would be a Head Office decisions.

I guess they want to keep every Bass Pro exactly the same instead of catering to different areas.

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2023 at 6:04 AM, Port_D_Guy said:

I remember talking to a fishing section guy at Bass Pro about having a Carp/Catfish section as the area is good for those.

He didn't disagree and would welcome it, but it would be a Head Office decisions.

I guess they want to keep every Bass Pro exactly the same instead of catering to different areas.

I just got home this morning from out west and popped into Cabela's in Abbotsford as it's right near the airport and it definitely has a more catered approach to their style of fishing as opposed to the BPS or Cabela's near here. They have a different way of fishing everything out there and obviously an ocean fishery but don't have the bass, carp, walleye fishery we have in Ontario

Canada needs to be either Cabela or BPS.  What is on both websites doesn't represent whats in the store

Cablela's site reflects Cabela's, yet BPS canada takes you to Cabelas as USA BPS has much more than Canada BPS which is apparaently Cabela's.

🤔🙄🤨

• 4 months later...

Jim Kinner and "deer meat for dinner" Some good local scuba videos on Jim's channel but recently I discovered polkadotperch. They have some educational stuff and they also have water trail cams which is cool. Here's their latest: 

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, knightfisher said:

Love the variety of fish in that river.

:Gonefishing:

Yes Dans , the River has many species of fish for everyone to enjoy , from large fish like Musky to smelts .In the 50's we had a blast catching silver bass at Queenston and the spring smelt run.  We didn't have the salmon but there were lake trout and bows .and the bass fishing was always good . I mounted a few smallies from the River years ago. I remember watching the Americans spearing fish on the opposite bank,  and I have had some nice perch dinners from the river as well, and of course the walleye fishing is good   I hope to do some carp fishing there next summer , some good spots on both the lower and upper river.

The largest fish in the Niagara ?  I would say there are sturgeon well over 100 lbs. there but they cannot be targeted and be released immediately.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Honeyv talking about kayaking catts I watch this guys vids. 
wish we could use two rods on the grand. 

That things a hog. I'll have to give it a watch later. Two rods only up to the dam I believe, no? 

4 minutes ago, honeyv said:

That things a hog. I'll have to give it a watch later. Two rods only up to the dam I believe, no? 

As far as I know definitely only one rod. 
have you seen two rods mentioned in the regs?

2024 regs your allowed to fish two rods in LPB,DR and SCR. 

COME ON ADD GRAND RIVER ALSO. 

check his other vids out also. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

As far as I know definitely only one rod. 
have you seen two rods mentioned in the regs?

2024 regs your allowed to fish two rods in LPB,DR and SCR. 

COME ON ADD GRAND RIVER ALSO. 

check his other vids out also. 

I only ever ice fish there with 2 rods, which is allowed most places anyway.  I didnt check the regs on the two rod thing yet for the Grand specifically. I only use one rod anyhow. I think I'd be a mess with two lines in. I was thinking more along the lines of just because its off Erie...

Speaking of two lines, theres a guy on the YouTubes that I think fishes Erie with downriggers from the yak for Salmon. Kinda neat.        

Load you rigs up with a big ball of corn and you can use three rods legally as you are fishing for "carp" and the cats like to eat corn . Maybe us a big circle hook or a treble to load up a fat load of corn !    😁

• 1 month later...