Browns at night question

cplummer

Brown eggs and a glow in the dark bead 12" above, only caught them at Port at Night.  They screw the current this year, seems much less salmon in the harbor this year, last year they were stacked, and browns followed later until the new year.

I've picked them off floatfishing with bigger than usual bags tied in chartreuse mesh and a glow corky or bead pegged right at the hook. Bigger hooks are fine at night as fish obviously won't see them. Floats that accommodate glow sticks are a must if my plan is to night fish browns

Depending on location, egg sinker with a barrel swivel and a 36 inch leader to a number 6 hook and a roe bag with Chinook roe with matching colored foam floaties.  Used this many times from shore, fishing late season browns in areas with relatively still currents.

Tight Lines

Salmonman

• 4 weeks later...

Glow corkies, pegged 3" above the hook with small roe bags and couple floaties tied in.  3 way swivel to a 5/8 to 3/4 pencil weight  on a 6" dropper. I go lighter than my main on the dropper weight for snags. 2-3 ft tippet of the swivel. This would be the bottom bounce setup for your local Niagara locations. 

WTG Tyler , nice colours on the browns .  

I prefer to eat the bows fried or oven baked and both are nice to eat from the smoker .  

I tried Port Dal. for a few hours on Thursday but no luck tossing worms on a harness but only the gobies were interested.

It was a zoo on both sides of the dam so I fished a couple spots downstream .