Back in the Groove

smerchly

Yesterday my monitor bit the dust after clicking the on button over 50 times to light up my desktop picture . This has been going on for weeks & I didn't know if it was caused by my monitor or pc with windows 7 . So I bought a new Acer 24" monitor & the plug for the pc was different ,so today I went to DF Computer Centre & got a newer pc loaded with windows 10 .

The input jack didn't match I went back to get an adapter ....all is working now . The screen is almost a big as my old 36 year old 27" TV !  They transferred hundreds of my pictures for me & installed windows 10 as I asked them .  I had to install a new much longer password here , so I wrote it down in my memory book !  

I have been very busy the past 7 months after my sister lost her battle with cancer and now I'm helping my daughter Dee ( sunset photos) as she also has serious cancer and is getting her rad treatments here in St.Catharines . I'll get some help setting up a picture file soon ....

Bill, I hope the rad treatments help your daughter, and she can make a full recovery.

I know what you are going thru, as my daughter in N.B. Went thru chemo, a mastectomy, and rad treatments last year.

Its tough on everyone in the family, as well as the patient.

Glad to hear ur updated on the computer system.

Thanks Gene .  My sister was given 6 month and lasted 7 months after her treatments failed. My daughter , now 58 , has been given 1 year and is using a pain injection device which can inject hydromorphone on demand . It's been a rough time on everyone as anyone like you can testify . Best of health to you and your daughter . One thing about fishing Gene , especially when the bite is on , it gives the brain a rest and some peace of mind . 

This newer computer with the new 24" monitor is awesome . I need to learn how to set it up for photos ,ect .(son in law is very good with computers  & phones ) ...or I'll give the Geeks a call .

• 6 months later...

It's been a very emotional time for the past 7 months . My daughter Dee past away this morning after suffering from cancer . She was fortunate to spend her last five days at Hospice Niagara where she received the best care possible from the staff who gave her and her visitors very compassionate care , and the nurses at our hospital also gave Dee the best care and I thank them all for that . she could see and hear the bunnies, squirrels and birds close to her window there. It's a beautiful place !

She was a past member of NFN called Mouse , then Dee . She loved nature and fishing and photography . She ice fished lakes in B.C. ,like Shushwap Lake for trout and perch and Wellers Bay near Cranberry Island for bass and pike . I have posted some of her sunset photos here, taken at her trailer park (Sunset Lagoon) south of Trenton . She has spent her last few months here in St. Catharines. 

She had a great eye for composing photos and this one speaks for itself as she caught the sunset in her mirror with the park on the lake in the background.

She will be missed ......

Dee.jpg

21 minutes ago, smerchly said:

It's been a very emotional time for the past 7 months . My daughter Dee past away this morning after suffering from cancer . She was fortunate to spend her last five days at Hospice Niagara where she received the best care possible from the staff who gave her and her visitors very compassionate care , and the nurses at our hospital also gave Dee the best care and I thank them all for that . she could see and hear the bunnies, squirrels and birds close to her window there. It's a beautiful place !

She was a past member of NFN called Mouse , then Dee . She loved nature and fishing and photography . She ice fished lakes in B.C. ,like Shushwap Lake for trout and perch and Wellers Bay near Cranberry Island for bass and pike . I have posted some of her sunset photos here, taken at her trailer park (Sunset Lagoon) south of Trenton . She has spent her last few months here in St. Catharines. 

She had a great eye for composing photos and this one speaks for itself as she caught the sunset in her mirror with the park on the lake in the background.

She will be missed ......

Dee.jpg

Sorry to hear about your daughter smerch. I know you’ve been busy taking the best care you could for her. Wishing you and the family all the best through these tough times. Remember get out on the bank as soon as possible it really helps us wind down and relieve our stresses in life. 
Please if you need anything just ask. I’ll be there. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

So sorry to hear about your daughter Smerch. 

That is a beautiful picture for sure. It sounds like she really loved the outdoors.

Thank you all for your kind words . It has been a very trying time for us . She was given a year to live last August but the cancer spread quickly to her liver . She suffered enough and it was her time to leave this earth . She did not want a service and her obituary can be read on Passfield  Mortuary. As T.Mcgraw sang, Live Like You Were Dying.

I'll soon take Tyler's advice and get the lines wet again .

3 hours ago, Dave said:

My deepest condolences Smerchly....... 

Thanks Dave , it takes time to mend a broken heart but as the thread title says , I'll be back in the groove soon . 

Dee loved spending time at the waterfront fishing and like the old man , taking in all that nature has to offer .

On 6/6/2024 at 1:23 PM, Loonietoon1 said:

I'll soon take Tyler's advice and get the lines wet again .  Good For you Bill 👍

Today was the day to wet a line at Port .Dal., been a while since I tried my luck . I tried a worm harness & worm for my first cast and I was surprised to hook a fish under 10 seconds !  It was a small white bass but it was a fish !  After another hour of casting  only the gobies were interested in biting a chunk out of my worms . I went to Rennie pond only to find no parking spots anywhere on that side, so off to CDP only to find the pond shore line in very bad shape and mud water . I got some nice shots of the wildlife there , like chipmunks , rabbits, squirrels , and a blue heron . Nice to be at the waterfront today !  

My 10 second fish .......   🙂.

white bass.jpg

Chippy.jpg

Blue Heron.jpg