Top trail cam first time buyer help

Tinyboatcam

That’s an amazing shot! Beauty hawk. Love everyone’s input. How are you guys feeling about battery life? Do you use external battery’s or just the AA’s? What’s your set ups? I’ve seen solar panels. External 12 volts and just reg batteries 

Tactacams and Spypoint Flex are both great cameras.  I haven't seen so many cameras in all the bushes I go into.  Cell cameras are everywhere.  I would be afraid to have to answer the call of nature for fear of having it posted on facebook. Around where I live, just leave them alone. You will be cought !  Is it really worth the reputation you would receive from the hunting community. Everyone in your hunting area knows each other and once you are labelled, everyone will know your dirty deed. Had one guy take my camera a while back. He knows I know.  Bet he never touches another camera.  I truly believe in carma ! What goes around comes around.  Respect other peoples property !

Yes !  I had him right behind me while I was up in my tree stand.  I first climbed down mt stand and beat up a sapling with one of my antlers and scurried back up. Sat there waiting for a good half hour Nothing !  Turned around to grab something out of my bag and POW !  There he was. He exploded out of there breaking every single deaad branch on those pine trees. Sounded like a freight train getting out of there.  One of my buddies ended up getting him the next year. He turned into a double drop on each side.

Guy

2 minutes ago, Darton said:

With the sheds that we found and a repo of his antlers through the years, this is what they look like after I made the antler pours.

DSC00253.JPG

Jake fro. Erie tracker shot a double drop line during shotgun this past season that looked like that

You could see little sharks teeth growing down from his antlers where the double driptine on each side were going to come down the following year. Allowing him to get to the following year made him a King !  Double droptine on both sides.  You will see 8 point bucks showing the tiny little nibs near the end of their antlers when they are about to get to be ten points the following year.  Big deer take time to reach their full potential.  The hardest thing to do is figure out how to hunt those mature ones.  They basically have human survival instincts and are masters at staying away from human activity or contact.  Some of these guys live in the thickest scrub that a person would have a hard time navigating through and only come out at dark. 

4 hours ago, Darton said:

You could see little sharks teeth growing down from his antlers where the double driptine on each side were going to come down the following year. Allowing him to get to the following year made him a King !  Double droptine on both sides.  You will see 8 point bucks showing the tiny little nibs near the end of their antlers when they are about to get to be ten points the following year.  Big deer take time to reach their full potential.  The hardest thing to do is figure out how to hunt those mature ones.  They basically have human survival instincts and are masters at staying away from human activity or contact.  Some of these guys live in the thickest scrub that a person would have a hard time navigating through and only come out at dark. 

Ya I know I hunt the same way and have a couple older ones mounted..ya all thickets they came from...I don't even try entering in that crap lol..hunt the outer edge of it