Mmmm…..brownies!!!

Bass-turd

Got out in the sun today and was rewarded with my first shore brown, approx 26-28 inches and about 5-6lbs, caught on a 1/4 oz Cleo in chrome/green……the weather is looking favourable the next little while for early trouters, just be careful the rocks on shore can still be ice covered

IMG_1034.jpeg

Beauty brown , I remember when cleos were the lure du jour for browns at Port D. and we had to keep a tad up from the snaggy bottom .

We also used the alligator spoons and kwickfish . 

Never fished either for browns or the L Ont shore before, but, considering my poor luck in Ft. Erie lately, I have to try it.

What other lures besides cleos work for browns? How about rapalas, or plastic minnow baits?

And what weight line does everyone use?

On 2/22/2024 at 7:59 AM, Dave said:

These work to........

20240212_125826.jpg

I  was reading about the million ways WD40 can be used , some very useless ways in the thread .

Using WD was a thing many years ago but I always frowned on using it . Good for shoes though .......

They actually say it's not good to use on lures , bad for the environment !  But they posted it anyway .....

Those streamers would hold a lot of it Dave .

WD 40 lures.jpg