Contacting MNR

1 hour ago, Port_D_Guy said:

Did you get enough information on the suspect?

No I just left them alone. They were on the far side of the river. They kept one. 
Would be nice if MNR would keep an eye on that spot but I’ve never seen MNR in brantford besides opening day for trout on a small creek. 

Did you get enough information on the suspect?

Does the Six Nations of the Grand River have special nibs on the fishing regs ? 

50 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

No I just left them alone. They were on the far side of the river. They kept one. 
Would be nice if MNR would keep an eye on that spot but I’ve never seen MNR in brantford besides opening day for trout on a small creek. 

Before reporting, you'd have to have a date, time, location, the offense,  suspect(s) description and the vehicle model with license plate # to make it legit.

It depends how badly you want to serve justice. Most likely why most don't want to bother. The hassle and possible escalation from the confrontation.

Before reporting, you'd have to have a date, time, location, the offense,  suspect(s) description and the vehicle model with license plate # to make it legit.

It depends how badly you want to serve justice. Most likely why most don't want to bother. The hassle and possible escalation from the confrontation.

Next time I see it I’ll say something to them. Some people might just not know even though they should. 

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Does the Six Nations of the Grand River have special nibs on the fishing regs ? 

I believe natives can keep fish out of season and don’t need a license. 
I was making a u-turn and seen (natives) walking back to their vehicle with a walleye. I asked them how fishing was and said “keeping walleye out of season eh”. I continued on my way. 
then later in the day I watched non natives fishing jigs and throw a walleye on shore. 

7 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Next time I see it I’ll say something to them. Some people might just not know even though they should. 

Maybe I’ll leave them a nice note on their vehicle.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 10:27 AM, Tyler0420 said:

I believe natives can keep fish out of season and don’t need a license. 
I was making a u-turn and seen (natives) walking back to their vehicle with a walleye. I asked them how fishing was and said “keeping walleye out of season eh”. I continued on my way. 
then later in the day I watched non natives fishing jigs and throw a walleye on shore. 

Indigenous people don't need a license to fish on their own territory. Anywhere else and they're just like you and I. Be careful who you accost without knowing everything 

10 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

Indigenous people don't need a license to fish on their own territory. Anywhere else and they're just like you and I. Be careful who you accost without knowing everything 

I know this. This is why I didn’t say anything to them besides “keeping fish out of season eh” and I left. 

another group clearly weren’t indigenous and keeping fish. 

a few nights later my buddy was there chilling in the parking lot and seen two indigenous people night fishing. He ask how fishing was and they said” got limits the last few nights” 

I think it’s bs we all don’t have the same regs.