Whirlpool parking fees

Mbocco

2 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

There are 2 machines now also.  One on each side 

Credit cards are so handy these days ...I'm sure we will have a cashless society in the near future and every penny we spend will be "on record" to trace our whereabouts . The "big bro." theory will come to pass.....

I have been given a $20 Tim's card ....wonder if ???  lol......  if I ever go there again......

....hope you pool fishers have some luck  ....I'm carping at Rennie tomorrow , supposed to get some nice weather this week ....Enjoy !   :Gonefishing:

On 10/4/2020 at 3:56 PM, smerchly said:

It can be very expensive depending on how one fishes . Boat fishing is more $$$ than shore fishing , by far ....launch fees , boat / trailer upkeep , license, gas , riggers , fish finders , etc etc . ...much cheaper to run small boats, canoes ,etc. I just sent a check out for 4 grand to pay for my trailer fees at Deseronto ....didn't go this year for a couple of reasons but paid the $4000 fee for having it sit there at the park. Now THAT is expensive fishing ! 

$4000??? That's steep. Our park fees are $2200 and we're right on Lake Huron. 

2 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

$4000??? That's steep. Our park fees are $2200 and we're right on Lake Huron. 

That's including HST and because we are on the lakefront , but another $400 for dock fees ...Hydro , propane and pump outs, and winterizing the trailer are extra fees, getting close to 5 grand per season .

We gave our 5th wheel to the kids who set it up at Maitland Shores and they pay close to 4 grand  (not waterfront) .

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

That's insane. 🤪

Hope this makes the pool parking fee price seem very reasonable .....    🤒

....cant keep up to all the "fees"  we have ....

On 10/6/2020 at 8:11 PM, Captain Hooksets said:

Lol 4 grand is cheap compared to other parks too! Isn’t the Sherkston watering hole like 10 grand a year ? 🍻

Yes , many are paying 10 grand and some with the larger park mobile homes are paying more than double that . Our son & wife are paying 15 grand ....right on the lake side. Frankly , as an angler , I don't see the attraction there .

....quick update ....my stepson's trailer is now $18,000 per year ....kaka chingggg  !!!

15 hours ago, smerchly said:

Yes , many are paying 10 grand and some with the larger park mobile homes are paying more than double that . Our son & wife are paying 15 grand ....right on the lake side. Frankly , as an angler , I don't see the attraction there .

Agree smerch. Sherkston isn’t a park for anglers at all. For me Personally it would offer me nothing. I’ve been a few time’s to visit friends and don’t care to ever go back. Not to say that I don’t like the park thing. I’ve been to many in the quinte/kawarthas and loved it . For 10-20 grand in park fees as someone who loves fishing I’d buy a piece of land somewhere and put a trailer on it instead. 

You really have to look at everything.  Six years ago my buddy bought a very expensive, beautiful huge cottage on Lake Muskoka near Port Carling. One of the many plus's is how close it is to this area (I've made it in 3 hours) and you can come and go when you want to avoid peak traffic periods. The fishing is suprisingly good, very few of the local billionaires fish. It is rated one of the top 10 big pike lakes in Ontario and the bass and walleye fishing is also good. In 15 minutes I can boat to the grocery store and beer/ liquor stores that have their own docks. There are restaurants, golf courses, pharmacies and a hospital in the immediate area, something that's very important as we age. The deer are everywhere, it's not often you drive down the cottage road without seeing a few. On the other hand, the lake can be very busy with a lot of jet skiers and cigarette hulls. In the last few year he did a new cedar roof on main cottage, garages and boathouse to the tune of 90,000. New furnace and a/c units 46,000, new water systems 16,000, generator  15,000. His property taxes are 14,000 per year along with cottage association fees, road maintenance dues and snowploughing. The hydro costs are atrocious. Needless to say, my buddy can afford it but me- not in my wildest dreams. I am so grateful to have full use of it in exchange for a lot of the maintenance. Everything up there is so expensive now although further north is not as high but those 6-7 hour drives get old very quickly. With numbers like these, that trailer in a waterfront park starts to look pretty reasonable.3.jpg25.jpg1.jpg

If anyone is going down to the pool and wouldn't mind showing a new guy around I would appreciate it.  Never been down there but would love to learn. Heard it's a nice hike, figured it would be stupid to go down there alone my first time. Thanks. Darryl 

I’ll be going down next Wednesday early AM if you are interested.  You have to be there when it’s dark as literally every fish I’ve caught this year has been btw twilight and just after sunrise.  That plus there are a few preferred spots so early is best. 

So 6am and leave by 9am

11 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I’ll be going down next Wednesday early AM if you are interested.  You have to be there when it’s dark as literally every fish I’ve caught this year has been btw twilight and just after sunrise.  That plus there are a few preferred spots so early is best. 

So 6am and leave by 9am

Ok that should work for me.  I'll message you before to confirm. Appreciate it 

1 hour ago, Mbocco said:

My plans may be changing.  Might be in a boat that day.  I’ll let u know as soon as I do.  

Ok no worries. Let me know. If wed doesnt work maybe another day 

Archived