Carp Appreciation

steeler

we've had good success at Queenston dock with corn.............the rockbass love it. LOL. we've also had success in other spots with it too. we were down at Rennie park the other week and there were two HUGE carp swimming by the dock. turns out Jacob chummed with corn and I chummed with boilies and corn too. couldn't hook into them though. I will keep trying with boilies though, cause I wanna catch something with something I made myself. I bought cinnamon to make boilies, but not sure how to go about making them with it. I have cornmeal, soy flour, semolina, eggs, syrup, packages of sweetener, colour and of course, cinnamon. anyone got a basic recipe I can try using these basic ingredients? or should I be adding something else? any advice would be appreciated. PM me if you have a recipe that you don't wanna share publicly. LOL.

Luv/

I haven't invested much time in boilie making. Sounds like you have probably put more time then me on that. Sounds like your on the right path though. Either Way, there are a million recipes on the web if you 'google it' . Let us know how you make out!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ark/

I think canned corn is the best carp bait hands down. However, it isn't productive using it in waters that have high numbers of small fish or Gobi's. They will snarf or tear the soft corn apart before the carp can get to it. That is part of the reason boilies were created.

Cheers, Mark

True enough

there are a few bullhead/goby free zones around niagara :dunno:

Ive caught everything on sweet corn so far ive tried ground baits and some boilies with no success

True enough

there are a few bullhead/goby free zones around niagara :)

Ive caught everything on sweet corn so far ive tried ground baits and some boilies with no success

ive seen you use ground bait that was mine but never boilies and there arent any goby free area's anymore we just dont hook em and there arent any bullhead free spots either.

ive seen you use ground bait that was mine but never boilies and there arent any goby free area's anymore we just dont hook em and there arent any bullhead free spots either.

as far as you know because they are all secrets :)

Do you have anything better to do then go around and argue with every post i make & telling everyone im lieing when really you dont know?

Here are a couple of carp appreciators at the carp anglers group carp classic. Joey did not win a prize for his pink shimano hat though :o

P1010731.jpg

wow we totally make Lorraine look small

Do you have anything better to do then go around and argue with every post i make & telling everyone im lieing when really you dont know?

nope :o you know im just yanking your chain chances are you did i know you fish with other people.

• 2 weeks later...
I read an article on icefishing for carp! This is so cool. Joey insted of playing 3dcarp 2 this winter go carp fishing!

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/icefishingcarp05.html

i would rather ice fish for pike and perch

Bah Humbug

go bah humbug yourself its easier to find perch and pike through the ice then carp and cheaper and less to carry

Archived