Carp Appreciation

steeler

Very nice fish! Love thie picture of the little camp you set up there! Ah, the luxuries of carp fishing.

Erik

That umbrella cost me $6.99 at CT on sale. It has saved me from getting soaked many times. :P

Another thing I probably caught the first fish of 2010 before anyone else on this board.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erik

That umbrella cost me $6.99 at CT on sale. It has saved me from getting soaked many times. :P

Another thing I probably caught the first fish of 2010 before anyone else on this board.

I had an umbrella once that I used fo fishing in rain but as forrest gump said "there was regular rain, there was big ole' fat rain, there was rain that came up from below and there was rain that came in sideways"

The sideways rain soaked me even with the umbrella.

Anywho Im going carp fishing tomorrow.

Now , that looks real cozy ! :D . I think you guys are more devoted to your sport than the pinners ! :) (I'm going to get some flack now !) :P . Good on ya Hammer , nice fish !

That could be fun using a centre pin ........ B)

Smerch the centre pinners here learned their trade from carp anglers in the UK. I have one and I will be fishing with it this year. Float fishing for carp is very effective and challenging. In 2008 I netted a 42 for a guy using a centre pin reel.

I had an umbrella once that I used fo fishing in rain but as forrest gump said "there was regular rain, there was big ole' fat rain, there was rain that came up from below and there was rain that came in sideways"

The sideways rain soaked me even with the umbrella.

Anywho Im going carp fishing tomorrow.

All right! Go gettem Erik. If I could suggest. Use a little bait thrown in to attract them, no more than a handful. Also use some flavouring if you have it. Pour some vanilla into your can of corn or add a packet of koolaid and a small sprinkle of cayenne pepper or hot sauce. These will help the carp in locating your bait.

All right! Go gettem Erik. If I could suggest. Use a little bait thrown in to attract them, no more than a handful. Also use some flavouring if you have it. Pour some vanilla into your can of corn or add a packet of koolaid and a small sprinkle of cayenne pepper or hot sauce. These will help the carp in locating your bait.

Can't find better advice than that anywhere on the internet, what a great reply to keep an awesome post active. good on yah Hammercarp

Thanks for the tip!

we are gonna try defrosted jumbo hotdog chunks will that work? I normally use a large size 1-2 hook for carp because when I use smaller hooks the carp and sometimes catfish either swallows it or the hook breaks.

Thanks for the tip!

we are gonna try defrosted jumbo hotdog chunks will that work? I normally use a large size 1-2 hook for carp because when I use smaller hooks the carp and sometimes catfish either swallows it or the hook breaks.

I have never used hot dog for carpbait but it probably has been used. I would still flavour them. The large hook is a good idea if you are not using a hair rig. I would not bury the hook completely in the bait. Just hook enough of the bait to hold it on the hook. That way when the carp draws into it's mouth the bait will not interfere with setting the hook. Hope you get some and don't forget to post the pics.

I have never used hot dog for carpbait but it probably has been used. I would still flavour them. The large hook is a good idea if you are not using a hair rig. I would not bury the hook completely in the bait. Just hook enough of the bait to hold it on the hook. That way when the carp draws into it's mouth the bait will not interfere with setting the hook. Hope you get some and don't forget to post the pics.

ok cool great advice! I will post about it. I have bread as a back-up. I always buried the hook because I thought that carp spit out the bait if they sensed the hook so this is great news. and yes of course I will post.

Lorne, I think your report deserves it's own thread. You put a big effort into catching those finicky fish from that water. To those who care, it can be a challenge landing fish in the winter from the place Hammer was fishing. WTG Lorne :P

(I caught my first 3 carp of the new year today :))

Yeah your right those pics need their own thread.

And Lorne has the same multi-tool as me! got it from crappy tire and it came with a folding knife. It was on sale from what I recall. I have been using it ever since a pin in my leatherman fell out somewhere............which reminds me I have to replace that.

Lorne, I think your report deserves it's own thread. You put a big effort into catching those finicky fish from that water. To those who care, it can be a challenge landing fish in the winter from the place Hammer was fishing. WTG Lorne :P

(I caught my first 3 carp of the new year today :))

Three fish on a day when we had a major temperature drop is pretty good. Did you enter the FFF?

ok cool great advice! I will post about it. I have bread as a back-up. I always buried the hook because I thought that carp spit out the bait if they sensed the hook so this is great news. and yes of course I will post.

Its the action of them trying to spit it out that set the hook.

WTG hairwig for your first 3 carp of the new year

Went today and got skunked the water froze on my line and there is the possibility that I have mild frostbite. Tried bacon, sausage, and bread and there was nothing.

Went today and got skunked the water froze on my line and there is the possibility that I have mild frostbite. Tried bacon, sausage, and bread and there was nothing.

That's too bad. Winter carping can be tough. I am sure you'll connect if you keep learning and trying.

• 3 weeks later...

What an intense video, i love the part when you see his reel just screaming in the water.

I like his style, when he puts the rod behind his back and pulls.

Awesome video, ill get to asia one day to fish commons......one can dream :lol:

yeah thats awesome when his reel is screaming just under the water! i can't wait until spring, my god

Any of you carp pro's ever lookin for a fishing partner i'm 110% motivated to yank in some rubber lips, please invite me along!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived