Carp Appreciation

steeler

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The World Carp Classic is taking place right now, in France. Carp anglers from all over the world, came to fish this. there's 2 teams from the states, and there's even a team all the way from japan.

Its a 5 day tournament, so far theres been i think, 4 or 5 40lb+ carp caught, real nice pristine looking fish.

anyway, if you wanna check it out go to http://www.worldcarpclassic.com/

Maybe in the coming years there will be a Canadian team over there :lol:

P.S. check out the prizes, jesus.....

Without using a net , I have a hard time getting a hold of carp to remove the hook . They are so strong and they close the gill plate so tightly , you need both hands to keep that fish still ! It's a two man job ! I try to keep them in the water at the edge but some spots aren't that great to bring them ashore. Keep on carping :lol:

You people sure do like your carp.. Dont thing i have ever cought one.. whats the deal.. they are the ugliest fish ive ever seen and up till this point i have never tried or even wanted to catch one.. but the ones yoou guys are catching are massive and i like the big ones... is it really that fun and do you eat them??

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man, I would recant that statement......especially on this thread. dude, you just opened a whole new can of worms. LMAO

LOL.

I wont go into the big rant, but topdog1 carp are fun. They are big, hard hard fighters, and plentiful. I dont think they are that ugly, and you can eat them, but i dont advise it, because in most places they are too big to eat, and besides, catch and release. They are alot of fun, cant stress that enough, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me, and id be glad to help. :D

Lol sorry didnt mean to make anyone mad lol... the only thing i know about them is they sure do like corn pops at marineland.... hahaha maybe ill throw a corn pop an a line and drop it down somehwere... hahaha

But i hear regular corn works too... ive seen guys catch them and it does look like alot of fun... i geuss they are not that ugly if you compare them to a giant cat from the grand and i had boat loads of fun catching them last spring!!

Lol sorry didnt mean to make anyone mad lol... the only thing i know about them is they sure do like corn pops at marineland.... hahaha maybe ill throw a corn pop an a line and drop it down somehwere... hahaha

But i hear regular corn works too... ive seen guys catch them and it does look like alot of fun... i geuss they are not that ugly if you compare them to a giant cat from the grand and i had boat loads of fun catching them last spring!!

Corn pops work well. Use a wide gap hook in size 1/0. Put a split shot on the line about 1/2 inch from the eye of the hook. Use an egg sinker about 4 or 5 inches up the line from the hook. Chum the spot you are going to fish with some corn.

As far as carp being ugly . Your supposed to catch em and put them back. Not take them home to meet your mom. :Gonefishing:

• 3 weeks later...

still yet to catch a carp. makes me think I'm doing something wrong. the boilies I made are still yet to work, but I remain faithful and hopeful at the same time. LOL. maybe I should hold onto the bait and cast the rod out instead..........might have more luck that way. LMAO. either that, or wonder if fishing with dynamite is legal in these parts. hahahahaha.

still yet to catch a carp. makes me think I'm doing something wrong. the boilies I made are still yet to work, but I remain faithful and hopeful at the same time. LOL. maybe I should hold onto the bait and cast the rod out instead..........might have more luck that way. LMAO. either that, or wonder if fishing with dynamite is legal in these parts. hahahahaha.

Drop the boilies go buy a can of corn!

Nah, use the corn for chum.

Fish the boilies.

Just keep trying flavors, some will be hot at times, and others wont.

Although, sometimes the sweetcorn will come through, but boilies have been good to me :Gonefishing:

Or if you choose corn, go grab some monster maize (http://newworldcarp.com/osc/baits-monster-maize-giant-carp-corn-c-55_61.html) that doo-doo is the tits!!

Ark/

I think canned corn is the best carp bait hands down. However, it isn't productive using it in waters that have high numbers of small fish or Gobi's. They will snarf or tear the soft corn apart before the carp can get to it. That is part of the reason boilies were created.

Cheers, Mark

Ark/

I think canned corn is the best carp bait hands down. However, it isn't productive using it in waters that have high numbers of small fish or Gobi's. They will snarf or tear the soft corn apart before the carp can get to it. That is part of the reason boilies were created.

Cheers, Mark

we've had good success at Queenston dock with corn.............the rockbass love it. LOL. we've also had success in other spots with it too. we were down at Rennie park the other week and there were two HUGE carp swimming by the dock. turns out Jacob chummed with corn and I chummed with boilies and corn too. couldn't hook into them though. I will keep trying with boilies though, cause I wanna catch something with something I made myself. I bought cinnamon to make boilies, but not sure how to go about making them with it. I have cornmeal, soy flour, semolina, eggs, syrup, packages of sweetener, colour and of course, cinnamon. anyone got a basic recipe I can try using these basic ingredients? or should I be adding something else? any advice would be appreciated. PM me if you have a recipe that you don't wanna share publicly. LOL.

Archived