Martindale Ice

sooner

Yeah it was a great day caught way to many bluegill

surprisingly, all perch for me today. Lost one close to 2 lbs as I was about to pull her outta the hole.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there an access point on henley island and parking? thx

Crossing from Henley Island is always iffy. A steady current wraps itself around the island and under the bridge. We've known a few people to have gone for a swim

Crossing from Henley Island is always iffy. A steady current wraps itself around the island and under the bridge. We've known a few people to have gone for a swim

With the rain & melting snow runoff , the current will increase & the ice there will be first to open up . Snow on the ice is very deceiving.......check the ice thoroughly . A good spud can help , but ice can become soft (porous) and deteriorate in hours. :coldsmiley:

KMB ....lots of ice at the grandstands .

I went to the back pond , met up with Dr.Bob and there were at least 20 anglers out there . The perch bite was slow but we managed to get enough each for a decent perch dinner . Most of the perch we got were over 8" and a few nice jumbos were caught . BEAUTY day to fish ....just had to go !

Dr.Bob had a little more variety than I did . Got perch ,a gill , and this guy from the same hole .....

SAM_2393.JPG

the carp hit a head from a salted minnow

I was out this afternoon with Niagaraangler we strayed from the pack and we killed em non stop all afternoon I kept 4 nice jumbos amd a gill, have pictures waiting to get em

Archived