Martindale Ice

sooner

WTG Joey , nice jumbo perch ! Looks like you were fishing the shallow end and doing very well . We fished near the point , even got a nice gill there which enhanced our perch dinner last night . ( liked the perch better )

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im hoping to go out sunday earlie morn as well Ill give an Ice report when I see the conditions. and your right saftety over discretion its not like nobody knows where martindale pond is .... as wel if someone falls through it will definately impact the areas where we are aloud to fish. cheer

Im gonna try sat hopeffully its thick enough I havnt had a chance to get out yet this year so If anyone has been recently please share.

cheers

chris

around 7" on Tuesday and probably the same if not more..

Out there again today , very slow bite , only a few fish caught . And sadly , I see the garbage jerks were out there yesterday , leaving behind their beer cans , cig.butts & packages , tackle pkg., Sterno heat can , cereal bar box with the aluminum wrapping frozen in the ice while the rest blew away in the wind & some yellow fishing line frozen in the ice . These morons haven't much matter between their ears ,except a lot of fecal matter . They probably can't help it ....their house is probably a filthy place too . I picked up after these pea brained morons & tossed their trash in a container we call a trash can . I'd love to know what vehicle they drive ......... :wall::slap: :slap:

Leaving a mess like this on the ice makes us anglers who value our environment look bad......

SAM_2412.JPG

You all know what happened to hunting around Here and further. It is our obligation to smarten these clowns up and ensure we have somewhere to go in the future. I can understand being cut off and now I have to work harder at keeping what I have. Many a Saturdays I would hook my quad up to my wagon and pick up crap from others along the Grand on the Rotary trail between caledonia and York. I was stopped once by and OPP because no motorized vehicles allowed and the Officer and Gentlemen was going to fine me. After I explained what I was doing and pointed out all the worm boxes beer bottles and crap to him. He was also a sportsman that was local and I was never bothered again. This just really gets my goat how people can be such pigs.. Why? I think it be mandatory to get a fishing out hunting licence you have to belong to a conservation club . That way peer pressure for slobs takes over. Let conservation clubs issue fishing and hunting licenses instead of Canadian Tire

Out there again today , very slow bite , only a few fish caught . And sadly , I see the garbage jerks were out there yesterday , leaving behind their beer cans , cig.butts & packages , tackle pkg., Sterno heat can , cereal bar box with the aluminum wrapping frozen in the ice while the rest blew away in the wind & some yellow fishing line frozen in the ice . These morons haven't much matter between their ears ,except a lot of fecal matter . They probably can't help it ....their house is probably a filthy place too . I picked up after these pea brained morons & tossed their trash in a container we call a trash can . I'd love to know what vehicle they drive ......... :wall::slap: :slap:

Leaving a mess like this on the ice makes us anglers who value our environment look bad......

SAM_2412.JPG

Whats a shame is I'm pretty sure that the guys I was talking bout in the other thread may have left this too... here's the sad part, after making all the mess with their beer cans and cooler bottles, they drove off in their car... drunk... :wall: I guess it's true what they say... "You can't fix stupid"

On a more positive note, I got a couple perch and a huge bluegill that day.

If I got the plate number I would have called 911 .......

We only got a couple of perch & a good size rock bass today . The wind was cold & at times the snow was heavy out there ......better days ahead .

SAM_2412.JPG

I don't argue how sad this mess is or the impact it had but if you also look where all the ice rinks and hockey are being played you will find a much bigger mess. This mess contains water bottles, hockey pucks, gloves, hats, scarves, food packaging and at one point in two locations broken hockey nets. It bugs me that everyone is quick to jump all over the fisherman but no one says anything to the people making the messes regardless of fishing or not.

The internet & fishing boards are just one of many tools to find fishing spots . Google Earth can show us the most remote lakes we never knew existed . An angler can instantly show his friends his catch & send the exact location to their Ipad. Some people simply drive around & check out what the anglers are catching & bring their friends the next day .

As sooner said , the skaters leave garbage too , a sign of our lax society.......When we returned to the island we saw the old chair & food/pop contains littering the parking lot where the "night people" leave their condoms, syringes & snack wrappers on the ground as well . We will clean up after these Aholes when we visit the area and every time we canoe or yak in there .

Blair .....good shot ....I think I saw the tall guy, second from the right , last summer ......too bad he wasn't smiling ....I would recognize his tooth ......

The internet & fishing boards are just one of many tools to find fishing spots . Google Earth can show us the most remote lakes we never knew existed . An angler can instantly show his friends his catch & send the exact location to their Ipad. Some people simply drive around & check out what the anglers are catching & bring their friends the next day .

As sooner said , the skaters leave garbage too , a sign of our lax society.......When we returned to the island we saw the old chair & food/pop contains littering the parking lot where the "night people" leave their condoms, syringes & snack wrappers on the ground as well . We will clean up after these Aholes when we visit the area and every time we canoe or yak in there .

Blair .....good shot ....I think I saw the tall guy, second from the right , last summer ......too bad he wasn't smiling ....I would recognize his tooth ......

I agree Smerch . If you do the work to find a spot good for you. Don't agree in broadcasting spots. Tell one person and its not a secret spot anymore.

For all of you attending this years Niagara outdoors show, there will be a couple of C/O's there for Q&A, I want to know what our legal rights are when we witness someone intentionally disposing refuse out in nature.........and yes I know that threatening physical violence is illegal

.....but only if you get caught ;)

For all of you attending this years Niagara outdoors show, there will be a couple of C/O's there for Q&A, I want to know what our legal rights are when we witness someone intentionally disposing refuse out in nature.........and yes I know that threatening physical violence is illegal

Where is the dislike button.

Threatening physical violence or being involved in it, is barbaric, and I would assume most would only resort to that if their life or family member was being threatened.

wonder what the ice will be looking like tomorrow around the grandstands. its been pretty sunny and mild out today. Actually im suprised how mild it is tonight even right now. Might take a drive out there tomorrow morning and have a look. Hopefully even have some luck. :)

Went to Valens today for something different. very slow there. Only 2 perch all morning. One decent jumbo (12" or so), and one tiny french fry.Left at about 1pm. All in all, nice day to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.

wonder what the ice will be looking like tomorrow around the grandstands. its been pretty sunny and mild out today. Actually im suprised how mild it is tonight even right now. Might take a drive out there tomorrow morning and have a look. Hopefully even have some luck. :)

Went to Valens today for something different. very slow there. Only 2 perch all morning. One decent jumbo (12" or so), and one tiny french fry.Left at about 1pm. All in all, nice day to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Hey JF, always wondered about Valens, Chris and i were at binbrook the 17th, the same time the Valens derby was on, I would have like to have gone if I (we) had more time.

how is it there in winter? went a couple of times in the summer but holy schmolly so many weeds.

Littering would probably fall under bylaw enforcement. Give them a call

Hey JF, always wondered about Valens, Chris and i were at binbrook the 17th, the same time the Valens derby was on, I would have like to have gone if I (we) had more time.

how is it there in winter? went a couple of times in the summer but holy schmolly so many weeds.

actually that was my first tim there to fish. ive been there before to hike and enjoy the park in the summer. but a first for fishing. the first two holes we drilled were right in the weedbed. wow though over a foot of ice to drill through! we moved over about 25 feet though and found a clear sandy bottom. we were fishing about 10ft deep the whole day. didnt really move around much after that to find anything deeper. id definatley go there again and explore a little more. Looking forward to getting on there with my new canoe this summer as well.

ohh yea, and spoke with a local there who was fishing the derby. he showed us a picture of the pike he caught, very decent. And said there was something like 400 fish caught that day between everyone. Mayyyyybe the fish were stressed out yesterday from all the action last weekend haha.

Archived