Another Canadian Plant Going To China

gunner-2

It is never a good economic plan for a nation to outsource it's food supply from overseas, unless by necessity.

We have the lands, resources, expertise.

Many of these 3rd world suppliers have far lower health standards.

When there are crop failures or shortfalls, we take the hit first.

It is never a good economic plan for a nation to outsource it's food supply from overseas, unless by necessity.

We have the lands, resources, expertise.

Many of these 3rd world suppliers have far lower health standards.

When there are crop failures or shortfalls, we take the hit first.

Ya i remember when the dog food was killing dogs that was bad enough now the wan't us to eat food from there to not me

Just like everything we buy ....made in China . We have the raw materials and all the resources to manufacture almost anything . Now we can grow corn , ship it to China & buy a box of cornflakes back from China ?? :huh: What a huge waste of fuel, transporting all those goods around the planet ! Oil must be very cheap & plentiful ( for corps).....I'll be checking the labels more closely ....if they even tell us where it is made , but no more Kelloggs brands for sure. Same with Heinz and a few others ....

Hope those people can find new jobs. But today's job market is extremely tough. Thousands of jobs have left Ontario and they are never coming back.

A company's bottom line is money, obviously. With todays crippling hydro rates- (Back in 2003 rates were 4.3 cents/KwH, today it's anywhere from 7.7 to 14 cents/KwH.) That's over a 50% increase. And now it's projected over the next few years rates will increase another 40%.

Add to that the continuing rising cost of heating and water, and it's understandable why companies are looking elsewhere.

And now the looming carbon tax to be force on us, I too would look elsewhere to operate a business if I had a choice.

Maybe they will just add the Carbon tax and the Eco tax to the HST ....the CHEST tax ..... best place to squeeze the life out of you ... They keep :slap: us , and we keep :wall: ....and the same old :deadhorse: is happening .......

Yep and the scary thing is that the Liberals keep getting voted back in. With an eroding tax base they will continue to squeeze all remaining productive members of Ontario to feed the liberal dream!

Archived