What Is Your Favourite Species To Fish For?

superduperfly

Hi,

wanted to know what kind of fish everyone hear likes to go for?

Up until a few years ago I would have said float fishing for trout. After years of wading up and down rivers I got hooked on fishing for bass with plastics.

Curious to hear what you guys like to fish for.

Cheers

I love fishing for pike. Spinners and crank baits. They are a ton of fun to catch on a medium rod with 10lb line. And if you keep your lures to a reasonable size you catch bass too

Pike's are fun to catch. Last year I was belly boating at a local small lake/pond for pike. It was a slow day, really slow day. I had my fishing rod hanging over my belly boat and the lure was pretty much 6 inches out of the water.

I yelled to my friend 'It's so slow today', as I say that, a small pike jumps out of the water and snatches my daiwa lure clean off the line. Little bastard.

I love fishing for pike. Spinners and crank baits. They are a ton of fun to catch on a medium rod with 10lb line. And if you keep your lures to a reasonable size you catch bass too

Nice! I can honestly say that I have never caught a small mouth.....I need to change that this year. Now I have a fishing goal this year.

Giant smallies, love my smallies. Plastics and and flipping my fav
PB smallie is 8lbs gonna break that this year

I like casting, for anything really. My favorite is any time out with someone else and we are both catching a lot of fish. Pannies with the wife with ultra ultralites and 2 pound test line out of the kayaks on a summers evening at the cottage comes to mind.

I yelled to my friend 'It's so slow today', as I say that, a small pike jumps out of the water and snatches my daiwa lure clean off the line. Little bastard.

Ha ha ! ....and that's bass tard :)

oh yes, fav. fish (locally).....depends on the season . Pike is one of my favs. for ice fishing , early spring and late fall . When the bite is good I like a few feeds of perch and walleye . Very shortly , I will be doing some carping . This has been growing on me since a fellow named Hammercarp introduced me into the world of carp fishing when I need to get an adrenalin boost . Always fun when a large drum , sturgeon ,or dog fish takes the bait . And oh yes....the cats ....big fat Katz !! YES !!

oh...forgot about the bass ......those little flying machines .....love catching them too ! :Gonefishing:

Catfish are my favourite, but I've been fishing for them since I was 12 years old and could bike to my local creek to fish for em

Panfish have become a recent obsession in the past 2 years... The feeling of catch a slab Gill just makes me feel all tingly and warm inside... So they are close second

Catfish are my favourite, but I've been fishing for them since I was 12 years old and could bike to my local creek to fish for em

Panfish have become a recent obsession in the past 2 years... The feeling of catch a slab Gill just makes me feel all tingly and warm inside... So they are close second

JMO ...is that a channel cat in your avatar picture , and was it caught in the 20 ?

Winter-steel

spring-pike and steel

summer-bucktmouths, gills, crappie. Inland trout(rainbows/brook)

Fall-chinook, early fresh steel.

Ice fishing- perch, pike

No favourite species here. They all have their time and place for me though

I'm torn between Smallies and Pike. But I'm happy fishing for anything. Now, If we are talking favourite fishing style. I'd say kayak fishing is my favourite hands down!

Steelhead , Steelhead, and then Bass, Tarpon, Snook, then more Steelhead. Crappie are fun too..

JMO ...is that a channel cat in your avatar picture , and was it caught in the 20 ?

It is a Channel Cat, but it wasn't caught in the 20. In all my years fishing the 20, I have never caught a channel cat. Only bullheads.

Archived