Anyone Fished Sugarloaf Yet?

genec

2 hours ago, Dutchie said:

well this sucks take the day off to go fishing and to windy to set the Hut up  damn lol

You need to always check the weather forecasts - I went yesterday early knowing the forecast for the next few days was crappy.

Didn't help thou...fished the same spot on the rec canal where I was last Saturday from 7-9 am, but all I got was 3 dinky perch, a tiny silver bass and 1 small smelt!

Wind sucks !!!!  On the other hand ......Wednesday was a beautiful sunny day , no wind , perfect day !   

Fishing sucked !  

Got 2 perch at the second spot ...  and lots of vitamin D    B)

....Going to get a good cold spell for a change ....

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

......Wednesday was a beautiful sunny day , no wind , perfect day !   

Fishing sucked !  

Too bad Bill. I got a nice feed of Smelt at Ramey on Wednesday. Enough for the Wife and I.:Gonefishing:...............Daniel

1 hour ago, Captain Hooksets said:

What is there to be caught through the ice at sugarloaf? Never fished it 

So far ive caught one walleye about 14 " ...a few crappies...pike ...perch and bass....ome day we had a small rainbow pass by the wholes.....its really hit or miss though ...never any numbers or size really in my experiences there but ive heard of guys doin good....being shallow and heavy fishing pressure its probably better before it gets pounded 

• 2 weeks later...

Fished it twice now, ice varies from 5-8 inches. As far as fishing, not good. A few small perch and the odd pike swimming around. I made it to the channel by the big building the other day, thought the deeper water may be better - wrong. Seems around the docks are the place to be. But nothing special, sometimes its just nice to get out...

Welcome to the club Digger ...lots of crazy people here .....

Crazy about fishing that is ....  :pardon:

I had a staff terrier named Digger ...a super great dog ....should have called him Flop ...would lay on top of people.... 

I just came in from moving a BIG pile of banked snow from the back driveway to the front . It was 32*F when I started ....then the rain and wind started and now the temp reads 40*F .....not NICE !  We can expect 3 days of this warm shi -t  ..

It will start the creek/river runoffs  and  the ice will get softer ....  :coldsmiley:..... Our days are limited ....be extra careful out there guys & gals  ...  

Thanks smerchly, I'm similar to your dog. Try to lay on top of my wife from time to time, but she just kicks me off and tells me to go fishing.....YES it worked! Took a walk to Ramey's today, shoreline already getting soft. Careful is the word of the day... 

10 hours ago, Digger said:

, but she just kicks me off....

You need a stiffer rod there Digs  :Gonefishing:  maybe to much curve .....

I had digger for 13 years , which is about 85 in people years .... but he was castrated .....   :rolleyes:

Thanks for the "heads up"  about Ramey's "bend"  .   :)  (I'm sharp this morning)   

CAREFUL IS THE WORD  .....  tread lightly .....

Just read on another fishing site that sugarloaf marina will be increasing their launching fee by $5 this coming year. Alot of places are using COVID to jack up the cost of services. When this is all over (if ever) things are going to get a hell of a lot more expensive for us. 

53 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

going to get a hell of a lot more expensive for us. 

Heard on the radio today we will be getting higher hydro bills , and the boost in carbon taxes will cost us more for gasoline and all other energy sources . The stores have already boosted prices on many goods . Lumber prices are going sky high...  we ain't seen nothing yet ! 

Bottom $$$ line for most of us ....If we do not have the money to spend ,  businesses will know why their stores have less shoppers .  ....a simple equation ..... We need to sue China for a trillion or two , but the politicians are afraid of them !!   ......  and the good news is .....I saved enough this past year to buy me a new fishing rod !!  :Gonefishing:

46 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Heard on the radio today we will be getting higher hydro bills , and the boost in carbon taxes will cost us more for gasoline and all other energy sources . The stores have already boosted prices on many goods . Lumber prices are going sky high...  we ain't seen nothing yet ! 

Bottom $$$ line for most of us ....If we do not have the money to spend ,  businesses will know why their stores have less shoppers .  ....a simple equation ..... We need to sue China for a trillion or two , but the politicians are afraid of them !!   ......  and the good news is .....I saved enough this past year to buy me a new fishing rod !!  :Gonefishing:

I agree. Just came back from lowes where 2 x 4's are almost $8 a board. Couldn't find a straight one anywhere in the pile. Stores jacking up prices for garbage product. My wife does the shopping and says groceries have gone up 20-30% since this crap started, and you know they will never come back down. The average person is going to have to make alot of sacrifices moving forward. I hope people remember all of this come election time . 

Yup, sad things is people making these decisions seriously don't understand the implications of their decisions (or they do and don't care because it won't really impact their deep pockets). How hard is it to figure out that if you hit businesses with higher costs (i.e. carbon taxes), they will pass them on to the consumer. No different than minimum wage increases. You drastically change the revenue stream of a company and they will just pass it on.

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

Heard on the radio today we will be getting higher hydro bills

I think that is for people on seasonal billing from Ontario Hydro. Maybe others as well.

I got my notice from Hydro Monday for my cottage. If I read it correctly I will actually be paying less as they convert my account from seasonal to residential R2.

We apparently got a "covid" break on our hydro costs by getting the cheaper rate during peak hours . That will end as we go back to regular rates ....increases to come as new carbon taxes are added .  Our kitchen stove is gas ,so that helps keep hydro costs down a tad .

All the Covid breaks are over, now they'll start charging more to make up for lowering the cost for the last 6 months. And 5 bucks more to launch at Sugarloaf? Man that's got to be almost 20 bucks a pop now. Add the gas(lib's carbon added) and bait costs, that I'm sure are going up too. Might be cheaper to buy walleye from Minor's, already filleted. Not as fun though...

Archived