Vintage rods and reels

Jmaz4

Hey everyone. My mom dropped these rods and reels off that my dad collected. I'm unsure if any are worth anything. Not sure if theres some collectors on this site. I have  no use for them. Maybe someone knows a fair offer if interested.

Pflueger Akron no 1893

Shakespeare triumph 1958 model gk (steel rod)

Pflueger Saturn 84

Shakespeare wondereel no 1921 light model ge 

Pflueger supreme

Kalamazoo tacked company sportsman 1721 model b (steel rod) 

If anyone has any info on them or fair offer let me know.

Thanks !

Cool. I have the Shakespeare 1920 model FK. Was my Dads reel...........................Daniel

Some of those steel rods (the round ones)were made from fencing swords and the square ones were made from military tank antennas.......................................Daniel

I have a few of those old relics from the 50's , one reel has the old black nylon line on it . They are a great memory of the past days of fishing . I have a rod & reel hanging on my bedroom wall .(Southbend 550) .

If you have a spot to hang (crisscross) 2 rods and reels with a couple of old lures .....a nice little momento from the days when your Dad had the latest (technology)  :Gonefishing: 

...here's one wall of my bedroom ...all 4 walls have fishing/ nature things to remind me why I'm here .....  

rod wolves bass on wall.jpg

Funny you mention the the black Dacron line Smerch, and we use to catch fish on it.

Now they want us to use Flora carbon.:D

OH! the good old days👍:D

Great looking wall Smerch, I bet it makes you reminisce at times:D

37 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

I bet it makes you reminisce at times:D

Sure does  Dave ..... I swear I could hear those wolves howling , but it was me (my wife said) !

That bass was caught at the power house  when we were able to drive down the hydro road , one of my first mounts .

I found the small gar dead near shore at Lake Gibson . 

Mazz ......   I hope you can come up with idea like that and keep a rod or two . You can hang small pictures from each guide on the rods , add a small landing net ...etc.

Say Hi to Andrea for me !   B)

Reminds me of going to to my grandparents house house as a young kid, they had a closed in front porch that was more of a storage shed in use, lots of treasures for a young boy to rummage through. My grandfather had a few old rods like those, one had a big sinker that I managed to hit the neighbours kid in the head with, there was some blood and lots of crying but he eventually healed up. On another visit I dragged out grandpa's golf clubs and the same kid put a ball through another neighbours side window and I took the blame for it. Guess I felt bad about the sinker incident.

To Smerch's point it's nice to have momentos that bring back memories of days gone by. I have a small pocket knife of my grandfather's that is still one of my most valued possessions.

I used one of my old rods with a Pflueger casting reel a few years ago , shore fishing as we did many decades ago . It  was eerie in a way to cast with that short 5'5" ft. rod (with the right hand) and switch over to the left hand to reel in the black line . I was hoping to catch and cat or drum ,etc. and use my thumb to control the drag . 

.....then my Dad bought me a spinning rod & reel  , made by Compac ....looked like this one ....

Compac Reel.PNG

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

I used one of my old rods with a Pflueger casting reel a few years ago , shore fishing as we did many decades ago . It  was eerie in a way to cast with that short 5'5" ft. rod (with the right hand) and switch over to the left hand to reel in the black line . I was hoping to catch and cat or drum ,etc. and use my thumb to control the drag . 

.....then my Dad bought me a spinning rod & reel  , made by Compac ....looked like this one ....

Compac Reel.PNG

I can relate to that Bill. I used the old level winds for many years then got a Bronson closed face that would cast a mile and often into the trees. lol I finally bought myself a Garcia Mitchell 300 at Cdn. Tire in 1067. Still my favorite reels. I have several.........................Daniel

3 minutes ago, boogaloo said:

Garcia Mitchell 300 at Cdn. Tire in 1067. Still my favorite reels. I have several.........................Daniel

I bought one soon after using the Compac for a year or so . The Mitchell 300 was THE reel to have  those days . The bail springs were weak and we replaced them periodically .  

Archived