Jet divers

Tyler0420

On 3/16/2023 at 8:20 PM, Tyler0420 said:

I do have a rod with 6 colors on it. I’ll be trying it out also. 

Ya don't got any less than 40 fow with 6 color on...I've found that the tadpoles are good for getting a line down straight off the back and I usually run a 6 ft leader from that to the bait....has no resistance while reeling in either like a jet or dipsey although a line counter reel is a must to help guage line out for depth...I usually  let them.out till hit bottom. Once and give reel a few cranks and leave it...at like 1.8 to 2.8 mph 

11 hours ago, fishingking said:

Ya don't got any less than 40 fow with 6 color on...I've found that the tadpoles are good for getting a line down straight off the back and I usually run a 6 ft leader from that to the bait....has no resistance while reeling in either like a jet or dipsey although a line counter reel is a must to help guage line out for depth...I usually  let them.out till hit bottom. Once and give reel a few cranks and leave it...at like 1.8 to 2.8 mph 

Are the tadpoles like a snap weight?

On 3/15/2023 at 3:18 AM, Its About Time said:

Just a heads up guys.

Erie Tracker is located in Port Colburn. 

111 Killaly Street West.

Not in Fort Erie as mentioned above by Flyfisher.  

Sorry my bad. Yes it’s in port Colborne. 

8 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Are the tadpoles like a snap weight?

No they're more like a jet that doesn't float its just weight....these others are my home made version of snap weights although they only work for heavy mono ...they stayed on when I ran them off 20 lbs mono but with smaller diameter braid they come off when your fighting a fish ....just alligator clips with a piece off rubber over the teeth and the then heat shrink tube over that ..drill a hole put a 20230318_140742.jpgsmaller key ring and the weight

20230318_140742.jpg

1 minute ago, fishingking said:

No they're more like a jet that doesn't float its just weight....these others are my home made version of snap weights although they only work for heavy mono ...they stayed on when I ran them off 20 lbs mono but with smaller diameter braid they come off when your fighting a fish ....just alligator clips with a piece off rubber over the teeth and the then heat shrink tube over that ..drill a hole put a 20230318_140742.jpgsmaller key ring and the weight

20230318_140742.jpg

Tadpole 

20230318_140407.jpg