Jet divers

Tyler0420

Update on the jet diver that was giving me problems I ran the same size diver on the other side of my kayak and noticed it was pulling way harder than the problem one. Ended up chucking it in the garbage. I got the good divers to run the depths they are suppose to. 

Just now, cutthroat dan said:

We use pink ladys up in Lake Kipawa it gets rapalas down 30 ft or so .

For slow trolling we use a 11/2-2 oz. bottom bouncers  with a 2 to 3 ft. lead for walleye fishing the deeper waters at Quinte  . We can get our harness/lures down to 35 fow or more either trolling or drifting with a good wind.  ...maybe an alternative to yak fisning ?

On 3/5/2023 at 11:13 PM, Tyler0420 said:

I’ve seen jet divers with the dipsey style release on them. Anyone know what their called or who makes them? I cant find them anywhere. 

There are ones called true trip and trip Z that have a release on them. Erie Tracker in Fort Erie had them. 

41 minutes ago, Flyfisher said:

There are ones called true trip and trip Z that have a release on them. Erie Tracker in Fort Erie had them. 

Thank you. 
i did see those brands online. Found them when I found out what to search. 

i was just in fort Erie on the weekend.   missed that opportunity. 

Have you ever tried snap weights? I use different sizes to get me where I want. Great for suspending baits or running close to the bottom. I use the precision trolling app and a line counter reel and it it is very close to getting where I need to be. Might be an option for you. 

18 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Have you ever tried snap weights? I use different sizes to get me where I want. Great for suspending baits or running close to the bottom. I use the precision trolling app and a line counter reel and it it is very close to getting where I need to be. Might be an option for you. 

Ya I bought a snap weight kit last year. Came  with weights 1/2oz-3oz. Hard for me to gauge how deep everything is. I have to put more time in running them. 
ill check out that app. 

36 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Ya I bought a snap weight kit last year. Came  with weights 1/2oz-3oz. Hard for me to gauge how deep everything is. I have to put more time in running them. 
ill check out that app. 

The app makes it so easy. You determine how deep you want to be and it tells you how much line to let out based on how fast you’re going. Super easy. 

11 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

The app makes it so easy. You determine how deep you want to be and it tells you how much line to let out based on how fast you’re going. Super easy. 

That app is great, just very expensive 

27 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

That app is great, just very expensive 

I look at it like a piece of fishing equipment. To know how deep all my lures are running is a huge advantage in my eyes. With the cost of all my rods and reels, tackle, boat, and of course my time the app is nothing. 

23 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

I look at it like a piece of fishing equipment. To know how deep all my lures are running is a huge advantage in my eyes. With the cost of all my rods and reels, tackle, boat, and of course my time the app is nothing. 

Did you buy a package or just a few that you use?

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Did you buy a package or just a few that you use?

I  bought the lifetime membership. By the time I added up every potential lure I may use it only made sense to buy the lifetime package. 

2 hours ago, Darryl L said:

I  bought the lifetime membership. By the time I added up every potential lure I may use it only made sense to buy the lifetime package. 

So the lifetime package will update whenever they add another lure?

38 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

So the lifetime package will update whenever they add another lure?

Yep I believe it's a $100 for lifetime and everytime you go on the app it will download all the new lures and their dive charts. You can also save all your favorites for quick reference 

8 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

$150.00

I’m going to get it 

Definitely get the lifetime package. Amazing.  I mark fish suspended at 12 feet I just go to the lure I want to use and it tells you how much line to let out for the selected speed. Or you want to take a spoon down 35 feet go to the snap weight section and it will tell you how much line based on the selected speed and weight selected. I think the app is the best lure in my tackle box. 

7 hours ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Definitely get the lifetime package. Amazing.  I mark fish suspended at 12 feet I just go to the lure I want to use and it tells you how much line to let out for the selected speed. Or you want to take a spoon down 35 feet go to the snap weight section and it will tell you how much line based on the selected speed and weight selected. I think the app is the best lure in my tackle box. 

The problem I have is once I take the Luer out of the package. I don’t know what it is anymore. I’m sure I’ll start remembering the names. 

Thought of bringing a dipsy diver with me on some Backcountry trips before. I'm just worried about how well they'd work if I'm in the canoe paddling. 

53 minutes ago, honeyv said:

Thought of bringing a dipsy diver with me on some Backcountry trips before. I'm just worried about how well they'd work if I'm in the canoe paddling. 

I thought about getting the small dipsy’s and trying them but I think I have enough $hit to fish with and I’m not too concerned about getting the lines out to the side. 

You could always make up a couple specialty short lead cores for targeting your 20-30 foot depths.   My guess is, you'll find it will keep up with or out perform the jet setup.  Less drag, won't float up on inside turns, and its a stealthy presentation.

3 hours ago, kevin said:

You could always make up a couple specialty short lead cores for targeting your 20-30 foot depths.   My guess is, you'll find it will keep up with or out perform the jet setup.  Less drag, won't float up on inside turns, and its a stealthy presentation.

I do have a rod with 6 colors on it. I’ll be trying it out also.