Jet divers

Tyler0420

Are you maybe not running enough line out?? I believe they need to be 100' back to achieve the depth they are rated for. 

And there is a ball in the barrel?

1 minute ago, shoemaker said:

Are you maybe not running enough line out?? I believe they need to be 100' back to achieve the depth they are rated for. 

And there is a ball in the barrel?

Yes there’s a ball in barrel. I was running them approximately 100’ back but on 20lb mono.  My spin reels are braid so should drive better. 

15 minutes ago, Its About Time said:

What kind of bait are you using.  

Some body baits, if not all,  won't allow the jet diver to dive properly.  

I usually use spoons or worm harnesses on my jet divers.  They work great.

Spoons last weekend. 

2 hours ago, Its About Time said:

What kind of bait are you using.  

Some body baits, if not all,  won't allow the jet diver to dive properly.  

I usually use spoons or worm harnesses on my jet divers.  They work great.

I agree with this. I was told not to use anything to big or heavy with divers. The only thing I use them with is small spoons and worm harnesses on erie

1 hour ago, shoemaker said:

Also, possibly not going fast enough?

Do you know the recommended speed for them? I was going 2-2.8mph. It’s hard in the yak to keep the speed the same. I’ll try them again on braid and I might try  1-2 colors with snap weights I have a rod with 6 colors on it. 

35 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

I agree with this. I was told not to use anything to big or heavy with divers. The only thing I use them with is small spoons and worm harnesses on erie

I was using a 5” spoon, not very heavy. 

34 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Do you know the recommended speed for them? I was going 2-2.8mph. It’s hard in the yak to keep the speed the same. I’ll try them again on braid and I might try  1-2 colors with snap weights I have a rod with 6 colors on it. 

2mph should be no issues with not bottoming out. I troll between 1.4 and 2 so there is something else goin on. 

50 minutes ago, shoemaker said:

Is there a possibility that there's a crack in the diver barrel? Have you tried a different diver?

I’ll have to check it out. I didn’t try a different one because I didn’t realize it wasn’t driving properly until I was heading in. 

try the jet diver on a sliding dropper line,  like a 3-way rig, as opposed to rigging it up in line with your mainline and lure.       That way there is no drag pulling on the back of the jet that could cause it to flip or roll.   Your lure is attached to the mainline with leader and barrel swivel whatever length you want, the sliding dropper line is attached above the barrel swivel on the mainline, allowing the diver to work 

6 hours ago, Cleithrum said:

try the jet diver on a sliding dropper line,  like a 3-way rig, as opposed to rigging it up in line with your mainline and lure.       That way there is no drag pulling on the back of the jet that could cause it to flip or roll.   Your lure is attached to the mainline with leader and barrel swivel whatever length you want, the sliding dropper line is attached above the barrel swivel on the mainline, allowing the diver to work 

I’ll have to try it out 

When using jet divers make sure you connect to the right end. My buddy had one connected backwards and it wouldn’t dive. I showed him the proper way and he had no issues. Also if you use a dropper as some have mentioned, then the diver stops diving when a fish is on. They work great

• 9 months later...
On 5/8/2022 at 2:14 PM, Flyfisher said:

Also if you use a dropper as some have mentioned, then the diver stops diving when a fish is on. They work great

I’ve seen jet divers with the dipsey style release on them. Anyone know what their called or who makes them? I cant find them anywhere.