Jump to content

Jet divers


Tyler0420
 Share

Recommended Posts

How hard do they actually pull? Has anyone used them on m/h spinning rods?

I ran them on rigger rods with mono last weekend and they weren’t diving good. Was in 18fow using a 30jet and wasn’t bottoming out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you maybe not running enough line out?? I believe they need to be 100' back to achieve the depth they are rated for. 

And there is a ball in the barrel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shoemaker said:

Are you maybe not running enough line out?? I believe they need to be 100' back to achieve the depth they are rated for. 

And there is a ball in the barrel?

Yes there’s a ball in barrel. I was running them approximately 100’ back but on 20lb mono.  My spin reels are braid so should drive better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Its About Time said:

What kind of bait are you using.  

 

Some body baits, if not all,  won't allow the jet diver to dive properly.  

 

I usually use spoons or worm harnesses on my jet divers.  They work great.

Spoons last weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Its About Time said:

What kind of bait are you using.  

 

Some body baits, if not all,  won't allow the jet diver to dive properly.  

 

I usually use spoons or worm harnesses on my jet divers.  They work great.

I agree with this. I was told not to use anything to big or heavy with divers. The only thing I use them with is small spoons and worm harnesses on erie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shoemaker said:

Also, possibly not going fast enough?

Do you know the recommended speed for them? I was going 2-2.8mph. It’s hard in the yak to keep the speed the same. I’ll try them again on braid and I might try  1-2 colors with snap weights I have a rod with 6 colors on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

I agree with this. I was told not to use anything to big or heavy with divers. The only thing I use them with is small spoons and worm harnesses on erie

I was using a 5” spoon, not very heavy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Do you know the recommended speed for them? I was going 2-2.8mph. It’s hard in the yak to keep the speed the same. I’ll try them again on braid and I might try  1-2 colors with snap weights I have a rod with 6 colors on it. 

2mph should be no issues with not bottoming out. I troll between 1.4 and 2 so there is something else goin on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, shoemaker said:

Is there a possibility that there's a crack in the diver barrel? Have you tried a different diver?

I’ll have to check it out. I didn’t try a different one because I didn’t realize it wasn’t driving properly until I was heading in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

try the jet diver on a sliding dropper line,  like a 3-way rig, as opposed to rigging it up in line with your mainline and lure.       That way there is no drag pulling on the back of the jet that could cause it to flip or roll.   Your lure is attached to the mainline with leader and barrel swivel whatever length you want, the sliding dropper line is attached above the barrel swivel on the mainline, allowing the diver to work 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cleithrum said:

try the jet diver on a sliding dropper line,  like a 3-way rig, as opposed to rigging it up in line with your mainline and lure.       That way there is no drag pulling on the back of the jet that could cause it to flip or roll.   Your lure is attached to the mainline with leader and barrel swivel whatever length you want, the sliding dropper line is attached above the barrel swivel on the mainline, allowing the diver to work 

I’ll have to try it out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When using jet divers make sure you connect to the right end. My buddy had one connected backwards and it wouldn’t dive. I showed him the proper way and he had no issues. Also if you use a dropper as some have mentioned, then the diver stops diving when a fish is on. They work great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...