Beauty Day

smerchly

Yesterday  was a  a great day to fish both Erie and Ontario , or anywhere for most species ......but I don't see any reports ....

I spent the day in the yard  , garden , deck , fence , etc. 

As the saying goes , "Should have been here yesterday" 

So who fished yesterday ?  I missed a good day to be fishing !  

Also ...this 'nice' weather with warm temps has brought forth the ticks in high numbers ....  

I was out at Jordan a couple days ago in the evening taking advantage of the high temps, made my first attempt at pike this year. Unfortunately no fish caught, only stayed for an hour since I was swatting those gnats/midges? like crazy, still not as bad as last year though

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Yesterday  was a  a great day to fish both Erie and Ontario , or anywhere for most species ......but I don't see any reports ....

Also ...this 'nice' weather with warm temps has brought forth the ticks in high numbers ....  

work for me smerch. Looks like some rain for a couple days now so hopefully I’ll get out fishing. 

56 minutes ago, Bass-turd said:

I was out at Jordan a couple days ago in the evening taking advantage of the high temps, made my first attempt at pike this year. Unfortunately no fish caught, only stayed for an hour since I was swatting those gnats/midges? like crazy, still not as bad as last year though

There was a lot of bait fish at Jordan and some big swirls as large fish were looking for a meal . The 'clouds' of gnats/midges has begun . Places along the lake are thick with them ! Wear your mask LOL !  

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

smerch when is your  first trip to the trailer?

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

smerch when is your  first trip to the trailer?

We didn't expect to see the trailer again so we are unprepared for a visit for a while . We may still decide to sell after this season as it seems the shots and mandates may be a reg.thing for the future ..... We will be able to bring home much more of our stuff this fall , just in case it's our last time there .  No planning ahead these days....

1 hour ago, Mbocco said:

Off to Florida this weekend.  Freshwater.  Hopefully some Florida bass photos to follow. 

Have a great trip & good fishing ...looking forward to seeing those lunker bass ! 

BTW , those red flat B12 strips really get gooey on the tongue , but don't taste too bad  !   lol

5 hours ago, smerchly said:

Have a great trip & good fishing ...looking forward to seeing those lunker bass ! 

BTW , those red flat B12 strips really get gooey on the tongue , but don't taste too bad  !   lol

Yes indeed.  They also make under the tongue dissolvable tablets which are far less gooey and cheaper. 

I am going to bag check my inflatable kayak and use that.  Hopefully an alligator doesn’t bite it. 

1 hour ago, cutthroat dan said:

Have a family cottage on lake Kipawa, heading up on the first, fishing usually really good in June ,the slot size has really helped walleye fishing.

Lucky you!  Beautiful area

14 hours ago, cutthroat dan said:

Have a family cottage on lake Kipawa, heading up on the first, fishing usually really good in June ,the slot size has really helped walleye fishing.

I think June is the best month for walleye up north.  👍

13 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

Hmmmmmmmmm

Who thinks there may be some Floridian bass in those lily pads?

CEA1BA12-6D4E-4836-8EB3-F41FDF0E2D36.jpeg

I do, I also think there could be a Floridian python or croc as well…. Make sure you enjoy the fishing down there for all of us up here, good luck 🤞 

22 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

Hmmmmmmmmm

Who thinks there may be some Floridian bass in those lily pads?

CEA1BA12-6D4E-4836-8EB3-F41FDF0E2D36.jpeg

I would wager you might be able to get into some peacock bass and some of those snakeheads.

If it wasn't for the palm tree it looks like CDP in the mid summer ....minus the crocks of course ! 

The dock area at our trailer at  Quinte gets clogged up like that . I pulled a few bass out using a floating husky jerk by letting it sit in a small opening & "twitching" it every 10 seconds . ...seems to drive them nuts .  

I hope to see some pictures of some strange fish soon....good luck !    :Gonefishing:

.

Well I have caught many bass so far off that little dock to the left but all 1lbers and not worth the photo.  

I saw a snakehead swim by which is a fish I’d love to catch but he wouldn’t bite my offering. 

I usually love to power fish (crankbaits, Topwater, swim baits) but so far all have been caught using t-rigged dark blue worms, and I’ve really had to slow it down and finesse fish them.

I bet a ned rig would be effective.  I’ll try that at some point and I’m definitely going to throw more topwater at sundown later.  My choppo and frogs should work. 

For now…beer and swimming with the wife and kids. 

Caught me a snakehead, kinda like a pike but a whole lot meaner.  Smells worse too.  Here’s a few nature pics for Smerch.  The swan like creature which I think is a crane was 3ft from me.  He wanted the bass I was catching. 

397BE25E-3C50-4172-9A79-38539CA5622E.jpeg

6418493F-DE4D-495C-91B0-5031E63C1AAE.jpeg

F4D6CBF5-9025-4A51-B45F-A56110DCA025.jpeg