Tips for charter

Its About Time

$100 ???   :o

Do you mean $100 each for 4 hrs.of fishing and another $20 for a tip ?

That gives the operator $600 for half a day's fishing .

I'm old ya , but  holy moly , how much is catching a few fish worth ?  

I won a free trip on Lake O. with Capt. Bowen S. and treated 3 of us to a lunch at the marina . 

That was a longgg time ago .   

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

$100 ???   :o

Do you mean $100 each for 4 hrs.of fishing and another $20 for a tip ?

That gives the operator $600 for half a day's fishing .

I'm old ya , but  holy moly , how much is catching a few fish worth ?  

I won a free trip on Lake O. with Capt. Bowen S. and treated 3 of us to a lunch at the marina . 

That was a longgg time ago .   

More for the experience than the fish at that point. Nobody can guarantee fish. lol

Hopefully this charter was well reviewed. Always start  with the negatives and see if its consistent.

Hopefully he has a good time 

Just now, Port_D_Guy said:

More for the experience than the fish at that point. Nobody can guarantee fish. lol

Hopefully this charter was well reviewed. Always start  with the negatives and see if its consistent.

Hopefully he has a good time 

Another good thing about fishing with a charter is the knowledge gained about the where ,how and when to fish the lake.  

We had a guy running a small charter service at Mohawk Bay (Zipp's Charter) and saw that he was using Gum Drop's with half a worm & bottom bouncers for the eyes . I picked up a few at C.Tire in Napanee and they worked well , and my worms lasted twice as long , and I used them at Port Dal & caught a few small eyes on them .

You're living in the past Smerch. A lot of these charter operations on Lake Erie charge between 400-600 per person for a full day trip with a 20% tip apiece on top of that. Just check the websites for those who operate out of Sandusky in the western end. 5 of us chartered a 44 foot twin diesel sports fisherman in Mexico this past winter. There was a captain with his 2 adult sons as crew. They were very efficient, we caught about 8 fish altogether (20-30 pounders) and the charge was $1000 plus we gave about a $200 tip

Charters are expensive. Your definitely paying for the experience/knowledge part of it. Is 6walleye really worth $200 a person? Definitely not but if you learn how to drive a boat, rig lines, read a fish finder, new techniques etc than that’s where the money is well worth it especially if you have a boat and your new to the game. 
sometimes it’s just nice to get out with buddies and have a nice day not worrying about anything.  
you gotta pay to play……

Just now, verado said:

You're living in the past Smerch.

No kidding ..... $500 is almost a weeks pay for this pensioner . Many now have 6 figure incomes and can afford many things that I have dropped over the years , like going to  restaurants , sport/music events ect. Our main thing now is to eat well and forget the night life we once did when we both worked. And we don't really miss it at all . 

Enjoy the charter fishing Its-abt , I hope to see some photos of your trip .   :Gonefishing:

You're absolutely right Tyler, although I have never chartered a boat here, it is nice to be a guest and not have to worry about trailering, launching, bait , tackle, fish cleaning etc. At the end of the day I'm tired yet now I have to load the boat up, bring it home, clean it up and hopefully clean the fish. It's a pleasant change to have it all done for you. The biggest thing, like you say, is seeing how the pros do it. We're never too old to learn a few new techniques

I was thinking along the line of 100 to 120 bucks total.

Provided he was nice and made it comfortable on the boat.

U can't guarantee fish.  But u can provide fun.

This is a one time deal.  Bachelor Party for a bunch of guys that don't fish.

It hopefully will be fun.

I will report back after the trip