Is it just me or………..

deetch

14 minutes ago, Davidp16 said:

Yup! I don't fish from a boat.. but from shore and even fishing the lake/river is making it challenging.. 

There are shore spots that are ok to fish in windy conditions.  e.g. ..for east winds fish east shore spots ...longer casts and no bugs !  

And I also look for shade !  

Deetch ......

1 hour ago, deetch said:

Or I’m I getting old and too cautious?

Being cautious is why you are still here !    B)   

1 hour ago, deetch said:

Is it just me or are the winds hindering everyone this year.  I simple just can’t get out!  Or I’m I getting old and too cautious?

Just had this conversation Deetch. I'm in the middle of two weeks of vacation and it doesn't look like I'll get out much if any. If it's not the wind, it's the rain 

3 hours ago, deetch said:

Is it just me or are the winds hindering everyone this year.  I simple just can’t get out!  Or I’m I getting old and too cautious?

It's not just you. I was just discussing this yesterday with Fish Farmer where I said, where are those "dog days of summer," you know the hot days of August and not a breeze to be had.  ;)

It's the wind and waves for me ...makes for a bumpy ride in my 16 footer ...trying to stand up setting  lines and landing fish can be pretty tough sometimes in a small boat when There's couple foot waves or worse...takes driving around looking for fish out of the equation because you can cover much water driving at 10 mph and the ride back is and hour or more depending on  how far out you fish...your back takes a beating ..you use all the muscles in your legs to stay on your feet when it's rough ...IL fish in the rain any day without lightning....I bought my my first boat at 16 yrs old and it was a 14 ft tinner with a 9.9..I wouldn't  listen to anyone about going out alone on erie..I got caught in 6 ft waves white caps and a thunderstorm for over 4 hours I layed down in the bottom of the boat with my life jacket on just drifting  from in front of port all the way down towards  the river to windmill...I don't mess with lake erie..several times when it was supposed to be calm I towed my boat down and never even launched it because of the flag blowing hard enough in the wrong direction..be safe gents...we spend more money trying to catch them then we would buying fish lol..but ya the temptation to go out is always there

I passed on Erie today because weather yesterday looked sketchy.I'm in a Kayak.Woke up this morning and it looks almost flat 🙄....Now going river fishing...Weather reports are changing by the hour these days...Always check Windfinder and the local weather before going out..

4 hours ago, Dave said:

I passed on Erie today because weather yesterday looked sketchy.I'm in a Kayak.Woke up this morning and it looks almost flat 🙄....Now going river fishing...Weather reports are changing by the hour these days...Always check Windfinder and the local weather before going out..

River fishing in the yak?

16 minutes ago, Dave said:

Grand river wading which sucked today. Most likely due to NE weather pattern which always shuts them down. 

i don't know why the fish don't bite as well with a "NoEat" wind 

Is it the drop in air pressure that triggers them to to stop eating ? But they are in water , the deeper ,the more 'pressure' 

I suppose there are scientific reasons ......like this....

https://www.fishingvabeach.com/weather-patterns-to-look-out-for-while-fishing/#:~:text=Incoming precipitation and cooler temperatures,shallow water during these times.

15 hours ago, deetch said:

Erie was on fire today.  Finally ended up with 10.  Was out from 1 - 4:30.  Had to travel a ways to get them

What depth of water were you in?  I'm fishing mostly 8-10 ft. on the shoreline..Casting and sight fishing out of the Yak.

Even on safer wind days seems a bit sketchy for going out to 20-30ft..Plus sight fishing is a blast.I am assuming you were out for Bass but could be Wallys.

3 hours ago, deetch said:

No problem but you better hope for a south wind to get you back in. 🙃

Or you can buy one of these for getting back or use for trolling .  All you need is the right wind......

Wind Sail for yaks.JPG