Niagara River

Jim K

Amazing video! I used to dive Chippewa Creek a lot back in the early 90's unfortunately I never did dive the river byt wish I had. It looks a lot more interesting than bouncing over old wrecks, shopping carts and bicycles! Thanks for sharing.

7 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

Amazing video! I used to dive Chippewa Creek a lot back in the early 90's unfortunately I never did dive the river byt wish I had. It looks a lot more interesting than bouncing over old wrecks, shopping carts and bicycles! Thanks for sharing.

I dove it once.  Ironic that you mentioned it because I watched a video on the two divers that were lost there in 2007 today. I had heard bits and pieces of what happened, but I thought this video did a great job of explaining it. May they rest in peace.

That is the first time that I heard the full story as well. I didn’t realize that they made it out into the Niagara. River and down to the intakes. Hard to imagine that they wouldn’t have realized there was issue as soon as entering the water having dove their before. Sad for sure.