Too Early for Pier Fishing?

mikeymikey

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest canada

It's never to late for pier fishing, sometimes midwinter can be hot off the end end of the pier, drifting for steel ;) only untill the 20' high ice mountain forms :o:(

With all the reponses we could start a new forum Pier Fishing.net :worthy::worthy::worthy: ........it would be a pretty disappointing forum,lots of tears on it this year : :P:lol::P

........it would be a pretty disappointing forum,lots of tears on it this year : :(:Gonefishing::P

Fifteen.........fifteen salmon is all I landed this season.............

I've had better NIGHTS than that every season for the last decade. Haven't picked up a rod in a week......I've lost the will to fish :huh:

I've had better NIGHTS than that every season for the last decade. Haven't picked up a rod in a week......I've lost the will to fish :Gonefishing:

im with ya on that, 15 a night was what i was used to, ive only landed 5 this whole year...

havent picked up my rod in weeks (mainly due to my broken collar bone) but w/e i could fish if i really wanted to lol

Guest canada

I've had better NIGHTS than that every season for the last decade. Haven't picked up a rod in a week......I've lost the will to fish :P

I know what your saying I gave up on the pier thing myself 2 weeks ago, and I'm currently giving up on the harbour bite aswell. There's fish around but no where close to the #'s of past years, crapy pier fish'in means crapy river or harbour fish'n! The MNR has finnally reached it's goal of the end to Pacific salmon fishing in Ontario, another blunder to add to the many from the idiots in charge of our resource :Gonefishing::huh:

I don't know if I'd go as far as that. This year class should be as large as last years, there was no drastic change in stocking #'s. And there has been some good runs in the eastern creeks......but I'm not going to lower myself to river fishing.

They just never showed up infront of western piers. Maybe they found the Atlantics secret hideout.....I dunno.

I've had better NIGHTS than that every season for the last decade. Haven't picked up a rod in a week......I've lost the will to fish :Gonefishing:

Crap Fifteen, I have not caught even one this season. I stink this year LOL

I avoid the rivers, well maybe until all the wackos are gone.

I can't wait for steelie time

Jose

Thinking of trying some river fishing for the very very first time.

Where would be the best store to buy me a rod with following spec ?

11'6"~13'6" length (must be 3 pieces, i believe most of akuma are 3 pcs?)

MediumLight ~ Light Power, faster action the better?

Prefer it to be a sliding reel seat. gonna use spinning reel but i still want a sliding.

Thanks

Crap Fifteen, I have not caught even one this season. I stink this year LOL

I avoid the rivers, well maybe until all the wackos are gone.

I can't wait for steelie time

Jose

Do you float,drift the river with your baitcaster too?

I've seen people do it on TV. I think it's great idea... don't see why you gotta use a centerpin?

Do you float,drift the river with your baitcaster too?

I've seen people do it on TV. I think it's great idea... don't see why you gotta use a centerpin?

Yep

Baitcaster, Calcutta Conquest 200DC, 10 1/2 ft Avid rod.

Had the $750 centerpin reels and 13 ft rods all are now sold.

Jose

Guest canada
Thinking of trying some river fishing for the very very first time.

Where would be the best store to buy me a rod with following spec ?

11'6"~13'6" length (must be 3 pieces, i believe most of akuma are 3 pcs?)

MediumLight ~ Light Power, faster action the better?

Prefer it to be a sliding reel seat. gonna use spinning reel but i still want a sliding.

Thanks

Check Pete's out they have a bunch available to fit most budgets! For bottom bouncing I prefer 10.5', med-light, mod/fast action Loomis has a great one for around $280.00. You can get somthing comparable alot cheaper but fishing the Loomis is a sweet deal :):D

Check Pete's out they have a bunch available to fit most budgets! For bottom bouncing I prefer 10.5', med-light, mod/fast action Loomis has a great one for around $280.00. You can get somthing comparable alot cheaper but fishing the Loomis is a sweet deal :lol::lol:

Went down to Pete's today and picked up a nice 10.5' plus another reel.

Put it all together and tried it out at Port D today. Sweet set up :)

Thanks Angie :)

Guest canada

Fish just started staging off the Canal last week, some guys out in there boats saw large schools of Chinnies off the Piers and the Welland Canal. The harbour is starting to fill up with fresh run fish aswell. So in answer to the question I guess sept was to early for the pier the fish are in now, better late then never :unsure::unsure:

Is it too late for Pier fishing with glowspoons or its still producing? I see they have darkened up, with thier tails and fins turning white but I still come across some healthy ones a few times. I might have seen a few browns too! maybe. So, I'm guessing the bows are comning soon?

:) This has been a great thread.....Very informative................John, it was nice to see you again, at Port.....Maybe you could help me catch a trout, this fall............I've yet to catch one....................

Wanted to keep this one going.

I'm wondering about bows or browns off Bronte pier.

Is the pier fishing really dead or is there a time coming up where one might be successful?

I tried a couple times a month ago for salmon and it was really dead.

Another question about my presentation as I had 3

1. tossing glow spoons (night) Cleos (day)

2. rig with a barrel swivel. One end with my main & sinker line (3 ft) the other with 3 inches of mono and a bag or mallow

3. Slip bob with the stopper arouod 10ft

Any suggestions would be great as I have not caught a fish yet....can't say I've tried much...but not a fish yet.

Archived