Too Early for Pier Fishing?

mikeymikey

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i went to port dalousie last night, walked out the the top of the pier. got soaked with a wave crashing over the pier, walked back and went to bronte pier.

fished till 4am no bites, no hits NOTHING !!! not anyone! grrr

Fishfight thats exactly the reason I hate going to Bronte. Too many idiots with no respect. I had a similar incident last year with a dufus parking beside me and continually casting over my line. Instead of getting reaaly upset the third time he tangled me I calmly cut off his j-13 and put it in my box. The expression on his face was priceless. I told him he was just taxed for being an inconsiderate moron, and was welcome to try and take it back if he wished. Guess his intelligence finally kicked in as he left the pier shortly after. I know I probably overreacted, but enough is enough. Now I fish mainly in Hamilton and 90% of us know each other. It's soooooo nice to fish amongst people who do not hesitate to lift thier lines when you have a fish on and will help out with a net without being asked.

Hey Folk's

Let me start off by saying hello to all you fellow anglers, I have been a member on this board for quite some time but have not posted a thread in a year, I forgot my user name and password so I had to open up a new account. For anyone that fishes Bronte Pier you will know me as the guy that puts his kids to bed early and wife then takes off fishing for the evening, my wife and I just had a baby 3 1/2 weeks ago but she still lets me out of the house to enjoy this awesome sport.

I've been down at the pier for the past 3 weeks now almost every night and still to this day have not caught anything but that changed last night, I ended up going to Sixteen Mile Creek instead of Bronte only because I didn't want to fish arm to arm with people - what a smart choice that was. Got to 16 mile and set up on the west side of the river, pitching glo spoon's as I usually do I got into some decent size fish only the 3rd cast in. I got there at 11:45 pm and not a person to be found, 1st fish was a beautiful 15 lbs coho and as silver as chrome, 2nd was a 10-12 lbs rainbow that didn't want to co-operate with me when trying to land it, had 3 more fish on but they shock me off. Was there till about 2:45 am and the fish where jumping all over, I can't understand why no one fishes this river at night, people say that there are to many kids around but that was not the case last night.

I may try Bronte tonight but if the crowds are there then 16 mile creek is where I'll be, if anyone wants to hook up and fish the night away let me know or better yet just come by and say hi, most of the boys I fish with at Bronte are really cool and don't mind new comers, if I'm not there try 16 mile.

Tight Line Guys

Hope to see and talk with some of you's.

Finally landed one and hook came off on second one.

Aw heck Mikey, that was YOU? Haa haa righton, that was a good fish you landed, mid twenties buck in great shape.

Jchau were you the guy @ Bronte that landed one on YOUR VERY FIRST CAST? Haa haa damn it! :Gonefishing:

I was the guy with the red net running around landing everyones fish, and I wouldn't worry about somebody taking your spot. If you move off the firing line @ Bronte lighthouse, somebody might move in where you were for a few casts, but they'll give it back once you had a break.

Dalhousie was a big blank last night, but between seeing a ton of drunken Brock boobies (hey I'll flash ya mister if ya gimme a ride!) and a couple of fish landed, wasn't too bad of a night <_<

Aw heck Mikey, that was YOU? Haa haa righton, that was a good fish you landed, mid twenties buck in great shape.

Jchau were you the guy @ Bronte that landed one on YOUR VERY FIRST CAST? Haa haa damn it! :Gonefishing:

I was the guy with the red net running around landing everyones fish, and I wouldn't worry about somebody taking your spot. If you move off the firing line @ Bronte lighthouse, somebody might move in where you were for a few casts, but they'll give it back once you had a break.

Dalhousie was a big blank last night, but between seeing a ton of drunken Brock boobies (hey I'll flash ya mister if ya gimme a ride!) and a couple of fish landed, wasn't too bad of a night <_<

No sir I have never been to Bronte.

CLofchik were you a the PC. If so which on was you?

I did not mind losing my spot to the older gent, but he had the nerve of actually picking up my stuff and moving it.

All the while I was helping out the other guy.

Jose

Hey Clofchik, it was me that got that first fish. Thanks for the net job, much appreciated. Good to meet somebody from the board. Good thing you had those shoes on or I wouldn't have recognized you. Anything else caught after that guy got one on his first cast? That was just ridiculous, lol. Not much jumping around out there, I guess they will be in soon now.

Mikey

Conditions were good this morning.

Way to go I knew I was the good luck charm just when I got there. LOL

Also who help in netting your fish and the other(me). LOL

Then someone takes my spot wile I am helping out, while my rod and tackle bag still there. :Gonefishing:

Jose

Ah yes,,,

So you are you <_<

Thank you for the net job with my small net.

Yeah,,, those guys sure did stepped right next to your tackles. I figured between yourself and my possible was tight enough that nobody would squeeze in~ guess i was wrong.

Maybe I'll put some grease on the rocks next to me. (no i think that would be too mean).

I would have loved to see one of those guys hook a fish. I would have guranteed broken their line, maybe rod too.

Anwyays,,, I really do hope that you'll catch one because I so want to see someone with a baitcast setup hook up a fish. Not sure why but I just want to see it.

Maybe I'll try the humber river next time... not the best place, rocks aren't very fishermen friendly but usually that place is near empty always.

Question to all.

My setup is...

St. Croix 10'6" Medium Power - ModFast + 30lb PowerPro casting Little Cleo + some other spoons which I have never caught anything with + J13's attached with swivel+snap.

Now when I am reeling in... my spoon for some reason keeps on moving to left. Not too much but once I reel it in near me it's about 3~4feet left to me.

What could be causing this?

Clofchik,

Like yourself I too use a single hook. Siwash or whatever that name you use, I use too.

Anyways, I use a 1/0 size which I thought would be good enough but I think it is too small.

Because the fish I landed today, the hook was barely on it's huge jaw.

I think that is why I lost the 2nd fish... lure just came off after a bit of fight.

Question to all.

My setup is...

St. Croix 10'6" Medium Power - ModFast + 30lb PowerPro casting Little Cleo + some other spoons which I have never caught anything with + J13's attached with swivel+snap.

Now when I am reeling in... my spoon for some reason keeps on moving to left. Not too much but once I reel it in near me it's about 3~4feet left to me.

Current or Beer :Gonefishing:<_<

Belly in the line is getting laid to one side of you by the wind when you cast?

Or current.

Like yourself I too use a single hook. Siwash or whatever that name you use, I use too.

Anyways, I use a 1/0 size which I thought would be good enough but I think it is too small.

1/0 single is way too small. I use 4/0 Siwash.

Double digits friday night, two on saturday, it's safe to say kings are finally here. The lake has taken a beating down south this weekend.

Niagara, or US?

water is getting cooler and cooler near the shore line

Fish are in dude, I'm not to concerned with water temps anymore :o .....I've been getting them in 65 - 60 degree water for the last week. Just gotta be out tossing when they come by and hold on, they seem to be going on about 1hr to 1 1/2 hr bite most nights now. Mother nature is ringing the spawning bell, warm water or not the fish are migrating :)

Guest rochesterking

QUOTE(rochesterking @ Sep 8 2008, 09:58 AM)

Double digits friday night, two on saturday, it's safe to say kings are finally here. The lake has taken a beating down south this weekend.

U.S. that is.

may be down tonight aswell.......only if the North wind dies alot, been windy all day not good for pier fishing..........waves weeds and soakers is not a good combination :Gonefishing:

Archived